Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 port fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwc914
Hi Guys, I have a 74 914 2.0 with orig f/I The fuel punp sat with bad gas in it for 5 to 6 years. I drained all bad gas from the motor housing. was almost full. This is a really durable pump and I got the motor to run with jumpers. both orings are stretched. Anyone know where to get the 2 orings and what kind of thread glue to use on the 4 screws. Thanks John
Mblizzard
I have never rebuilt one but I have heard that they all leak regardless of how well you build it. Just to be up front, I do have a 3-port for sale. So do a search on 3-port pumps and see what others have to say just to be sure.
jeeperjohn56
I Think Mark at Original Customs rebuilds the three port fuel pumps give him a call. John
hndyhrr
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Jun 5 2014, 06:09 PM) *

I Think Mark at Original Customs rebuilds the three port fuel pumps give him a call. John

I rebuilt one a few years ago and took the old o ring with me and went shopping at car parts places and lowes and home depot and finally found some that would work. put it back together and no leaks.

jwc914
ok I will try local hardware stores
bdstone914
QUOTE(jwc914 @ Jun 5 2014, 07:10 PM) *

ok I will try local hardware stores

I found the o rings at a industrial deal supply. Rebuild two pumps and they both leaked out the electrical connector. Test them under pressure after replacing the o rings.

You also need to clean out the passages in the head with the pressure bypass. They get gummed up with old gas.
Mblizzard
If you have the size try the oring store.com.
Mblizzard
Double post headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.