Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 vs early 911 struts, and difference ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
I have a customer looking for a passenger strut for a 914-6 to replace a bent one.
Is there any difference between the 914-6 strut and an early 911 pinch bolt strut other than the number stamped on it ?
toolguy
Bruce. . IIRC, Although the six carries it's own 914 part number, it's the exact same as a Boge 911T. . T's were painted black, six's were gray. . 3 inch caliper spacing
Mark Henry
I got a set of 911T front struts and the have they 914/6 part number on them confused24.gif
r_towle
Is there a difference in the shape of the spindle between a /4 strut and a /6 strut?

Rich
jmill
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 6 2014, 08:01 PM) *

Is there a difference in the shape of the spindle between a /4 strut and a /6 strut?

Rich

Different bearing. No idea if it's because it's sized to fit the hub or spindle is different or both.
Cap'n Krusty
It's not just the spindle diameter that's different, the whole spindle is different.

The Cap'n
bdstone914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 6 2014, 06:29 PM) *

It's not just the spindle diameter that's different, the whole spindle is different.

The Cap'n

I know the 4 and the 6 struts are different in a number of ways. Bearing, spindle, and arm. The question was how does a 911 strut differ from a 914-6 strut?
914Sixer
Part number only. Color only. Both use early ball joint with bolt. Both are split on the bottom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.