Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1975 2.0 Daily Driver quality (SOLD)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
audio_file
My 1st 914! Originally a PNW car that made its way to Utah for a decade until I had it shipped back up here. I've taken the original engine out to keep and replaced it with the known good 2.0 from my green '75 (formerly known as the pee-green 914 biggrin.gif ) a great car for someone who wants a project car that they can enjoy driving WHILE fixing, no jack stands required laugh.gif
'75 2.0F.I. Silver (barely biggrin.gif ) on black.
The good;
Strong engine and smooth shifting transmission
Solid longs
Good looking hell-hole
Mahle wheels with good rubber
Backdated exhaust with Triad Muffler
Good glass
A great DD car that you can just drive and not worry about rock chips or door dings
Tangerine S.S. Fuel lines

Bad; (full disclosure style)
Original paint is terrible, oxidized and damaged beyond salvageability
Shows signs of passenger front corner body repair
Interior is clean, but seats have holes
Rust spots throughout body, common to door-sills and rear trunk, with small easily reversible patches in a few other spots. Rusted thru in a small golf-ball sized area in rear trunk, and moderate (but not THRU) areas on rear lower door sills.
Battery tray rusted thru, but area underneath looks good
No heat
Door locks are mis-matched
Needs tlc things, like new targa seal, new engine bay seals, etc
Now missing passenger mirror
Many pics of the car available on request, too many to post.
$5000.00obo
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
malcolm2
sorry to highjack, but what do you know about the side mirrors? are they off of a car or are they after market?

Mine is a 75 1.8, but originally same color. Would love to take it back to silver. I have been thinking about the black wheel thing too. Love the big negative stripes. Funny, you can tell they came from Auto Atlanta... Look closely at the "E".

I am snagging a picture for my collection.

Thanks,

Clark
audio_file
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jun 6 2014, 11:02 AM) *

sorry to highjack, but what do you know about the side mirrors? are they off of a car or are they after market?
Clark

Clark, they're the Vitaloni Baby Tornado... or something similar.
Chris
audio_file
Car is now back on the market, still running strong and looking ugly biggrin.gif
Finishing up another 914, so as much as I'll miss my very first 914, she'll be better off in somone else's care. A great car for someone who wants to DRIVE and enjoy their 914, but still be able to tinker and improve it!
Chris
Rand
Exactly the kind of car I want. Can I stake my place in line right here? smile.gif I'll PM you to talk logistics.
audio_file
Rand, look forward to hearing from you!
Mueller
QUOTE(audio_file @ Sep 15 2016, 10:24 AM) *

Car is now back on the market, still running strong and looking ugly biggrin.gif
Finishing up another 914, so as much as I'll miss my very first 914, she'll be better off in somone else's care. A great car for someone who wants to DRIVE and enjoy their 914, but still be able to tinker and improve it!
Chris

Great color combo, I usually don't like black wheels , however your car pulls off that look very well.

Hope it goes to a good home!
audio_file
Thanks Murller, I think they tie in to the b.u.bs quite nicely!
Rand
Just a word to say, audio_file was outstanding to deal with. Gotta love good 914 guys. Thanks Chris!
audio_file
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 21 2016, 12:45 PM) *

Just a word to say, audio_file was outstanding to deal with. Gotta love good 914 guys. Thanks Chris!

Thanks Rand!! A little bittersweet seeing my first 914 driving away without me.... Take good care of her Rand.
Chris
rjames
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 21 2016, 12:45 PM) *

Congrats on the purchase, Rand!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.