Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
larryg
Just put the original wheels back on while the Fuchs are getting polished. I kind of like the retro look.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Bruce Hinds
Steelies are nicer than the painted Fuchs, but I like the polished Fuchs.
carr914
I used to like Polished Fuchs, now I'm biased towards the Original Anodized Look
914_1.7
I love steelies

Click to view attachment
larryg
QUOTE(914_1.7 @ Jun 7 2014, 10:19 AM) *

Nice look without the marker lights!
messix
chrome steelies look awesome too
KELTY360
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 7 2014, 10:42 AM) *

I agree with Troy, chromies on a 914 are sweet!

Kansas 914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 7 2014, 12:44 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Jun 7 2014, 10:42 AM) *

I agree with Troy, chromies on a 914 are sweet!

Is there a source from Chrome Steelies anymore with correct back spacing? I think JBugs used to have them but they say they no longer have them.
Larmo63
I don't care for the painted Fuchs 2.0 alloys at all. The steelies are novel, but tend to "Volkswagen" up the car too much. I LOVE the Porsche 5 lug steelies in dull silver!!!! IMHO
Johny Blackstain
When it comes to 4 lug wheels I prefer Mahles over Fuchs, steelies & Pedrinis. But that's just me.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jun 9 2014, 03:35 PM) *

When it comes to 4 lug wheels I prefer Mahles over Fuchs, steelies & Pedrinis. But that's just me.

A better picture of Mahles!
Starlack
i Love ATS 7"

Click to view attachment
Ferg
Steelies!
Chris H.
Steelies rule.
KELTY360
Steelies also look good if you paint the centers black and leave the rims dull silver.
johannes
love the steelies. First picture is beautifull
nsr-jamie
I like the steel wheels, think they give the car an era correct look but tend to also make it look more like a VW but than again I don't care as I love both manufactures...not many 914 cars running these wheels which is kind of sad...I upgraded to a 911 front end and early fuchs...but sometimes wish I could actually go back to the old stock steel wheel look.
dax1969
Hi,

I have the same painted fuchs on my car and due to the fact my sparewheel is a steel one I am looking to find a fuchs sparewheel.
My car is currently at the shop so I can't check my wheels but will this one fit ?

http://www.paruzzi.com/webwinkel/?zoektref...ubgroup=01&

5.5 x 15 - offset +35 - PCD 4 x 130

ps : I know it is a replica but much better to have this one (if it fits) as a spare than the rusty steel one. Thks for your help (tried search function and ended up here ? must be on the forum somewhere but can't find it)

krgds
Dax
dlkawashima
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Jun 13 2014, 07:21 AM) *

Hi,

I have the same painted fuchs on my car and due to the fact my sparewheel is a steel one I am looking to find a fuchs sparewheel.
My car is currently at the shop so I can't check my wheels but will this one fit ?

http://www.paruzzi.com/webwinkel/?zoektref...ubgroup=01&

5.5 x 15 - offset +35 - PCD 4 x 130

ps : I know it is a replica but much better to have this one (if it fits) as a spare than the rusty steel one. Thks for your help (tried search function and ended up here ? must be on the forum somewhere but can't find it)

krgds
Dax

If your Fuchs are real, the main problem with buying a replica for a spare is that you will have to carry four extra lug bolts. The replicas require a sharply tapered lug bolt while the real Fuchs have more of a ball seat. The pictures below are meant for illustration ... they're not the real bolts

Fuchs are similar to this
Click to view attachment

A replica will use lug bolts similar to this
Click to view attachment
dax1969
Thks, and I believe you are absolutely right.
I read the ad again and there they suggest to buy these

http://www.paruzzi.com/webwinkel/?full=1&a...ktrefwoord=2555

looks like the bolts you are showing !

thks for the quick answer

cheers fm Belgium
Dax
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jun 9 2014, 04:11 PM) *

A better picture of Mahles!

Ya I know, looked that one up on the internet fast because I didn't want to be too specific:
cjgb914
Chromies on a barn find
TJB/914
When looking for steelie's count the number of holes??? If it's (10) holes, it's for the 914-6 with (5) lugs and the price is triple+++ stirthepot.gif

914-4 steelies have (8) holes with (4) lugs. popcorn[1].gif

Tom
Larmo63
LOVE the 911/912 dull silver steelies!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.