Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tobias' 3.6L 914 for sale!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
Just saw this on the GGR classifieds. Anyone in the Bay area knows this car. It is Tobias Olneys 993 powered 914. 3.6L, Flares, bla bla bla. Original six chassis. Very fast!! Haven't talked with him recently, so I don't know why it is for sale. I believe Rich at HPH did the 3.6L conversion 5 or 6 years ago.

quote:
3.6l engine, WEVO side shift 915 tranny w/LSD, twin turbo brakes, wide 17" fikse rims. Rollbar, 5 point harnesses. Many AX TTODs. Street legal. $25,000/BO. Contact Tobias Olney at toby@digitalinkwell.com or 808 640-6816.
Picture
SirAndy
QUOTE(Demick @ May 30 2003, 10:45 AM)

haven't seen that car in a while ...
fugly paint, imho, but other than that, a very nice car.

Andy
nine14cats
Tobias moved to Hawaii and decided not to take the car with him. A friend of his has been running it at the GGR Time Trials and keeping it here for him.

The car is fast tongue.gif

I've never ridden in it...but I've been in the same run group with it and can really pull out of the corners.... smile.gif

Bill P.
Brad Roberts
Yep.. I tried and tried to sell it to a customer of mine.. but he backed out on Tuesday so I called the shop who did the latest work on it and told them I was OUT.

B
vortrex
geez that seems like a deal. how much is a 3.6 anyways? but that paint...
Brad Roberts
It is a deal. It would run 40k to dupe it.

The problem is:

The car needs to be stripped to nothing and gone thru. It has been a long term project and is lacking in detail.

B
vortrex
good excuse to change the paint. anyone know what color the car is supposed to be?
Brad Roberts
I'm pretty sure it was an OE white car.

B
Jeffs9146
Needing 40K worth of work is it worth 25k as it sits???

Anyone have pictures?

Jeff
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeffs74~914 @ May 30 2003, 04:25 PM)
Needing 40K worth of work is it worth 25k as it sits???

i "think" he means you would need $40k to duplicate it ...
Brad Roberts
Which is what I said.. "dupe it"

It needs about 10k worth of work to make it cherry (paint+body work/wiring/cooling)

B
Jeffs9146
Sorry, missed the Dupe it slang!! wacko.gif

Jeffs(duped)74~914
DrifterJay
I dont know why you guys keep bitchin about the paint..I think it looks cool..I would not paint that on my personal..but I wouldnt change it if I acquired it.
Jared
Brad Roberts
How old are you ?? LOL

B
Joe Bob
when I die, I want to be buried laying on my chest, so that anybody who doesnt like me can kiss my ass...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I thought that was so relatives would have a place to park the motorcycle when they come visit....?
EdwardBlume
Park the motorcycle??? Too funny.

Last time I saw Tobias drive it, he was gunning for TTOD with a GT2. I think he won.

Did anybody mention its a real 914-6?

Cheryl will be sad that Tobias is gone, he was her favorite instructor at the AX school last year. He was in the passenger seat instructing her, the only time she's beaten me.

I hope the car stays local.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.