Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So I get a phone call on a 75
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
So I get a phone call from a guy at work and he says "I was just at the Renew Store and they have a 914 there forsale, go look at it". So I do.

The car was donated and they turned down a offer for $7,000 Appraised value I was told was $12,000

6008 miles on the odometer (but drivers door gasket is worn), dash has the usual 3 cracks in it. Rest of the car is in great shape. Paint is fantastic with only 1 chip that I could see.

GWN7
GWN7
GWN7
car is a 75 2L with a L99E paint code
Part Pricer
The car was donated and they turned down a offer for $7,000 Appraised value I was told was $12,000

I'm hoping those are Canadian dollars. IPB Image
McMark
Body color valences? Respray? Doesn't sound like a 6000 mile car. IPB Image
Stutgart46
What's with the older style bumpers if it's a '75?
rhodyguy
with the beating the usd has taken, that is pretty close to a us price. seems like a bunch of money.

k
scruz914
QUOTE (Stutgart46 @ Jan 17 2005, 01:51 PM)
What's with the older style bumpers if it's a '75?

Might be a dumb question but were there Canadian spec 914s that didn't require those stupid bumper tits? IPB Image
GWN7
7K Canadian is $5,754 USD

12K is $9,864 USD

rate is .8220

the trunks are same color as the exterior. With a Custom color could you order what you wanted sprayed?
JeffBowlsby
No way thats a 6K mile car.

Backdated bumpers?
Black-out targa trim?
Aftermarket wheels?

A 6K mile car should smell new...
jr91472
the "914" badge on the rear is all alone...i.e. no engine size? I thought they only did that on early cars (1.7L only) IPB Image
GWN7
Good point on the badge...it's gold too. Didn't the 75's have sticker type badges?
SpecialK
I like the BBS looking rims IPB Image , anyone know what kind they are?

I looked for a set of those since I got my first car with no luck (couldn't find the correct 4x130 hole pattern).
rhodyguy
my 75' has gold badging, thru the rear panel, and the 1.8 too. what color was L99E supposed to be?

k
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 17 2005, 02:13 PM)
what color was L99E supposed to be?

k

special order IIRC
tommy914
The rear fenders look slightly flared.
rhodyguy
IPB Image . or slightly rolled. IPB Image
Jeroen
QUOTE (Special_K @ Jan 17 2005, 11:10 PM)
I like the BBS looking rims IPB Image , anyone know what kind they are?

Yep, those wheels are cool. Nathan B. has those on his teener IIRC
Can't remember the brand...
Aaron Cox
enkeis?
davep
That car is a real mish-mash. There is no L99E. Did you get the VIN and chassis # when you got the paint code. Special color is 98 or 99, no 'L' and no letter after it.

No way is it worth $12000. $7000 would be fair value, maybe. Not much original on that one. Bits from everything.
Howard
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Jan 17 2005, 12:57 PM)
7K Canadian is $5,754 USD

Assuming the interior and rust issues as good as the outside, you guys are pissing on this car at under 6K?? Tough audience!! Bruce is that price in loonies?
GWN7
yep priced in loonies (or twoonies) IPB Image

You could be right about the L not being there....not much light in the building it was in and all I had was a bic lighter to look with. But it was a 99 code.....I didn't copy anything down just gave it a quick look over (serial # ended with 8600 something). It has a optima in it and the batery tray and area underneath looks good.

I told the guy who showed it to me, they should have taken the 7K offer....and ran.
SLITS
Weld Wheels?

L99K - '75 Only - Copper Metallic
Jeroen
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 17 2005, 11:41 PM)
enkeis?

yeah, I think they are...
SLITS
Since there appears to be no side markers, is this a "euro spec" grey market car?
guywan914
Hard to tell but is the car missing the side turn signals as well?
redshift
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 17 2005, 08:16 PM)
Weld Wheels?

L99K - '75 Only - Copper Metallic

Uhoh... K code.... Plymouth Reliant...

M
boxstr
L99K was CopperMetallic for the 75, this car is an obvious repaint because it is missing the front warts and the sail vinyl is missing also the valances are body color.
It looks like a nice job on the color choice and the bumpers look better.
CCLINRENEWME
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.