Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ? Query on cams
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
IPB Image OK, I was cruising aircooled and looking at webcams--on the descriptions they are explicit that most of the cams will " last " for about 40k miles--what is up with this???

Is anybody that is using these having this peculiar trouble???

I am trying to pick out a good one for my turbo motor--I have decided to stick with carbs--tho if things swing my way I might go with cb's f.i.

Problem here is--I am going to put about 200 miles a day on my car---I can't live with driving only 6 months and then splitting the case for a 300 buck camshaft.

Comments, suggestions??????
Bleyseng
Use ceramic lifters then as they don't wear out the cam. Why would you want CB Dual TB FI?
Geoff
Jake Raby
The guy that wrote that doesn't build engines...

He hasn't touched a TIV in years.

I have ran web cams for the last 8 years and nothing else.

Save your money and effort for a real choice in cams- SOON! 30 of them to be exact!

I saved the other 14 for my engines...

Only 4 of these have been available before!
jwalters
IPB Image OK, cool--man I hate it when I read shit like that---honestly, I am so close to shit canning the 4 motor and going with a t1 --that when I read that discription I almost IPB Image ------

OK Jake---I won't be starting my motor for at least 2 WEEKS....will you be up and running by then????

Thanks..J IPB Image
Mark Henry
Get ceramic lifters...if your starting your build soon phone Charles right now! I know for a fact he only has 1 set left in stock!
If someone doesn't nab them and this one customer goes for the engine I'm quoting, I'm going to grab them just for my stock...you have till the weekend!

His supplier is slow and it could be a bit till he has more lifters in stock.
Jake Raby
Ceramic lifters will NEVER wear the cam, or the lifters!

BUT some suppliers have never touched a set!
Brett W
I have two custom webcams that I would be willing to part with for a reasonable price. They are both custom cams.
r_towle
So what is a realistic time frame to be planning for Jakes site to be selling stuff?
Jake Raby
Who said I'm selling stuff...

No one knows what I'm doing!

But you will all like it!
r_towle
cool, and damn you are fast on the replies....decaf

IPB Image
Jake Raby
You donna wanna see me on Caffeine IPB Image
r_towle
LOL IPB Image
Jake Raby
LOL....
I don't sleep for days if I drink the stufff... and it makes me so jittery that I can't do any machine work at all!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.