Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evil..........bought a TIG
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bulitt
Lets see some welds Doc welder.gif
VaccaRabite
Well. That would explain him posting from his local courthouse then.
Zach
dirk9141973
WTF.gif if you are thinking about moving you don't buy more stuff?
bulitt

IPB Image
tomeric914
That's a bargain at about $750
Eric_Shea
If you weld like a 3 year old on acid, a new welder ain't gonna help much. poke.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 9 2014, 11:14 PM) *

If you weld like a 3 year old on acid, a new welder ain't gonna help much. poke.gif

av-943.gif

Seriously, dont give acid to 3yo. Its a waste as they are already seeing shit.

I have not had time to get an argon tank nor metal. I did, however, find that my MIG gas was not coming out of the nozzle....welds looking tons better now dry.gif
Dr Evil
Fucking Bullitt is stalking me. If I go missing, start your search with him.... ph34r.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 9 2014, 07:38 PM) *

av-943.gif

I have not had time to get an argon tank nor metal. I did, however, find that my MIG gas was not coming out of the nozzle....welds looking tons better now dry.gif

Is this the first time you've had a problem with your gas not coming out of the nozzle? Might want to get that looked at. stirthepot.gif
euro911
laugh.gif
toolguy
Get the biggest argon tank you can. . amazing how fast the gas goes figuring preflow and post flow cooling. . I flow 20 cu ft for good coverage so a 200 cfm tank is only 10 hours welding and always seems to quit in the middle of a job. .
mgp4591
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 9 2014, 10:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 9 2014, 07:38 PM) *

av-943.gif

Is this the first time you've had a problem with your gas not coming out of the nozzle? Might want to get that looked at. stirthepot.gif

Seriously- doctors make the worst patients... lol-2.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 9 2014, 11:38 PM) *

Fucking Bullitt is stalking me. If I go missing, start your search with him.... ph34r.gif

confused24.gif I clicked on your FB page hide.gif . You been watching too many Halloween movies. lol-2.gif
Click on PMB FB to see Erc's white Fuchs... blink.gif
balljoint
A lot of those little welders need their nozzles opened up so the gas can actually do its job.
Woody
I jest bought this. Its an Everlast Powerpro 256. Combo stick, plasma, and AC/DC Tig. Still need to plug it in. welder.gif

Click to view attachment
bulitt
Nice!

Eastwood has a TIG on sale for 499$

IPB Image
worn
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 9 2014, 07:14 PM) *

Well, at least he can get a comp at the ER. Note to self - modern running-style shoes explode in a cloud of flaming gas when hit by even very small pieces of molten metal. A grand in bills and a long healing process - BB sized drop right at the sock line.

I had the water on it before he could grab his shoe. Not fast enough when the damage is done. Monthly safety report over and out.
ruby914
QUOTE(Woody @ Jun 10 2014, 05:20 AM) *

I jest bought this. Its an Everlast Powerpro 256. Combo stick, plasma, and AC/DC Tig. Still need to plug it in. welder.gif

Click to view attachment

I got the same Everlast about 3 years ago. I think you'll be happy with it, I like it very much.

Do get a large tank. The price to fill a small one and a large one is not much different.
Don't forget to turn off the tank when your not welding. I don't know if they all do it but mine will leak the tank empty if I forget.
I have not used the plasma yet but it is nice to have.
I am liking the hand control, T2, I think. Set the controls and go.
I am no longer coordinated enough to use a veritable foot pedal and weld at the same time. welder.gif

MDG

I think we'll all be busy that week.

But when we DO start to search, yes - Bullit is our go to.

PS: I like Evil's welding. Always reminds me of Jackson Pollock.
bulitt
QUOTE(worn @ Jun 10 2014, 10:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 9 2014, 07:14 PM) *

Well, at least he can get a comp at the ER. Note to self - modern running-style shoes explode in a cloud of flaming gas when hit by even very small pieces of molten metal. A grand in bills and a long healing process - BB sized drop right at the sock line.

I had the water on it before he could grab his shoe. Not fast enough when the damage is done. Monthly safety report over and out.

Rick918 also cautioned to cover your skin. He lost a friend to melanoma from welding.
Check your helmet settings prior to starting. You may have to hit the reset button to wake your auto helmet up.
bulitt
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 10 2014, 11:52 AM) *

C'mon down Michael! Bring Mark- I need a septic hole dug! laugh.gif
MDG
QUOTE(bulitt @ Jun 10 2014, 12:12 PM) *

C'mon down Michael! Bring Mark- I need a septic hole dug! laugh.gif

thumb3d.gif

Mark's been having great success excavating with explosives lately.

We're on our way.
Eric_Shea
Click on PMB FB to see Erc's white Fuchs...

What's wrong with my white Fuchs Biatch?

IPB Image
scotty b
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 10 2014, 07:52 AM) *

confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 10 2014, 01:50 PM) *

Click on PMB FB to see Erc's white Fuchs...

What's wrong with my white Fuchs Biatch?

IPB Image

Wow! You built that car Eric! Awesome! dry.gif
Can't wait for the build thread...
MDG
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 10 2014, 01:58 PM) *

QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 10 2014, 07:52 AM) *

confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of Pollock's drip and splatter paintings . . . but yeah, the fish works too.

Click to view attachment

bandjoey
With that you should be able to fix anything. Don't you just love welding protection clothing? happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.