Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1911 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ablesnead
I have a 1911 engine ...approximately 2000 miles...setup for carbs with Engle cam..starts right up and doesnt smoke ....I think valves are noisey...750.00 plus shipping from Florida...will deliver up to 400 miles
ChrisG914
What is a 1911 motor? If you mean 911 I will take it. PM day ails please.
Black22
1911cc motor = 66mm crank (1.7-1.8L engine) with 96mm pistons and cylinders (upgrade used on the 2.0L engines to make a 2056cc motor)
ChrisG914
Ah. Only had 2.0l 4 and sixes in my 914 to dates so my lack of knowledge shined. Thanks for filling me in. I have no need for a type 4 and will pass on this.

-Chris
bdstone914
More details like the carbs used and pictures will help sell it. The price is pretty good for a running engine.
ablesnead
no photos at present ....has complete tin ..everything but carbs ..has manifolds for dell 40's....no exhaust
ablesnead
bump
ablesnead
bumpity bump
euro911
Because prospective buyers may need to calculate shipping charges, maybe you can be a little more specific as to your location?

GLWS

ablesnead
bump
sean_v8_914
where is this gem located? CA, AK, VT?
euro911
Looks like he updated the first post. FL
ablesnead
never updated...said Florida from the get go...must be hard to read as written..note taken
euro911
It's no secret that my eyes are starting to go ... along with everything else dry.gif

1911s are pretty peppy with the short stroke crank. This is a good deal for someone needing a low-mileage running motor.

Post some pix if you can
sean_v8_914
ive been hit in the head too many times
sean_v8_914
never head butt a planet
SLITS
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jul 2 2014, 10:15 AM) *

never head butt a planet

Ur-anus?
ablesnead
bump
ablesnead
will consider any offer
ablesnead
bump
ablesnead
bump
ablesnead
bump
Old Yella
Post some pics and I bet you will get a buyer.
ablesnead
bump
emmanueldelvalle
QUOTE(ablesnead @ Jul 23 2014, 02:14 PM) *

bump

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ablesnead
bump
ablesnead
bump
Larmo63
I'm beginning to think there is no motor here for sale....
ablesnead
You must have missed the "don't comment on ads rule " probably because it didn't have a picture .
stevegm
Here are photos of the engine.
stevegm
For some reason it posted these photos upside down. When I open the files on my computer they are the right way, but, not here. Sorry. I hope these photos help. Engine looks like it is a good deal.
Gint
My first 914 had a 1911 (1.8 w 96mm PC) with carbs. It was a decent motor. Pulled well even at altitude. icon_bump.gif
ablesnead
bump
ablesnead
bump
Jetsetsurfshop
Could be a nice back-up engine for Chump car.
Just saying....
ablesnead
TRade it for a ride..Sebring chump....save your expensive motor !
ablesnead
bump
914nola
Do you have cards for it?
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(ablesnead @ Aug 26 2014, 05:30 PM) *

TRade it for a ride..Sebring chump....save your expensive motor !

I'd probably do it if it was my car. Don't tell George (thepaintedman), he'll kick me off the team for a good back-up motor.
ablesnead
George would never do that...maybe he will bite for the next race......
ablesnead
bump
ablesnead
bump
ablesnead
bump
runfaster
I will take it if you can tell me how much shipping would be to 97304. I think it would be really expensive. Let me know. Maybe we can work something out...
ablesnead
QUOTE(ablesnead @ Jun 9 2014, 05:01 PM) *

I have a 1911 engine ...approximately 2000 miles...setup for carbs with Engle cam..starts right up and doesnt smoke ....I think valves are noisey...250.00 plus shipping from Florida...will deliver up to 400 miles

mr2by4
Is it on a pallet and ready to ship? Unless you want to deliver it to Texas...
ablesnead
on a pallet ready to go
mr2by4
Paypal sent!
mr2by4
QUOTE(mr2by4 @ Oct 16 2014, 08:24 AM) *

Paypal sent!

waiting on shipping confirmation.
paid Oct 16.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.