Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Palos Verdes Estates or Rolling Hills Member(s)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
I know a few guys live up on the hill, anybody have a property up there with a really good northern view (of the Greater LA basin)?

PM me ... I need to find a location up on the hill where I can install a small radio transceiver and small antenna on someone's garage roof happy11.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 9 2014, 09:50 PM) *

I know a few guys live up on the hill, anybody have a property up there with a really good northern view (of the Greater LA basin)?

PM me ... I need to find a location up on the hill where I can install a small radio transceiver and small antenna on someone's garage roof happy11.gif

Can't you just use a phone like most people? av-943.gif
colingreene
Cell Phones are weirdly effective.
damesandhotrods
Pirate radio?
euro911
QUOTE(damesandhotrods @ Jun 9 2014, 09:30 PM) *
Pirate radio?
No, I did that back in the early 70's biggrin.gif

Nothing illegal here, just need some place with good elevation for a small VHF/UHF transceiver (two-way radio) - part of our Amateur Radio (HAM) group's emergency preparedness communications system ... (for when those cell sites go down). We provide alternate communications in and out of disaster areas all across the country shades.gif

P.S. Cell phone technology was created by the Amateur Radio community (aka: nerds)
euro911
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 9 2014, 09:04 PM) *
Can't you just use a phone like most people? av-943.gif
slap.gif

Yeah, call me you old retired fart call me.gif
7TPorsh
signalling the Mother Ship

very_first_smiley[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.