Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Fuel Injector Trigger Points
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
911buff
I am at the design and planning stage of creating electronic trigger points for a D-Jetronic FI system. I am curious if anyone has attempted this before and/or if someone already has a working model available for purchase? I don't want to re-invent the wheel if I don't have to. I am surprised that Pertronics, Hot Spark, etc, has not already created this part. Seems simple enough to me...although I may be very wrong. Thanks!
bdstone914
Why?
What are are trying to gain?
DRPHIL914
none that i am aware, and until lately there were still a few trigger point plates out there but seem to be very scarce now, so i think we all would appreciate someone that would ahve the ability and know-how to proceed with developing or remanufacturing some of these. I wonder if you could use the old plates as a basis for new ones?

Let us know how you plan to proceed!

Phil
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 10 2014, 10:26 AM) *

Why?
What are are trying to gain?

my guess would be since they are no longer in production and they are going up in price for any NOS ones out there confused24.gif maybe have a more affordable option?
stugray
Seems like an optical pertronix could be made to work.
You just need to fit a disk in place and determine how many & where the slots need to be.
Tom
The manufacturers of electronic ignition replacement modules do not see a need for these. Not enough volume in sales.
I looked into it several years ago. Can be done, but expensive and time consuming and where would I recover my costs? Just not worth it economically.
Most guys looking for more performance go to a bigger displacement than D-Jet can support and they end up going crank fire of some type with a more modern programmable fuel injection/ignition system.
Tom
Jacco
not an answer to your question but something along the line:
The aftermarket '123 ignition' also has a D-jet compatible version with vacuum advance and a connection to hook up the triggerpoint plug. So they have integrated it into their electronic ignition system.

I've recently bought one of these, haven't gotten into mounting it though, probably a winter project. So I can't report on personal experience with this thing, although it looks very well made.
No affiliation with these guys, just google on 123 ignition (it's the 123\PORSCHE-4-R-V-IE)

Cheers,
Jacco
Dave_Darling
Mueller made one. I think he used a pair of Pertronix modules? Something like that.

He reported that it worked, but I don't remember hearing anything after that. He moved on to other projects, so I doubt anything more ever came of it than a few test runs.

--DD
Mikey914
I gave a couple sets of trigger points, you can get them, just not cheap. Good thing they font fail often
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 11 2014, 02:30 PM) *

I gave a couple sets of trigger points, you can get them, just not cheap. Good thing they font fail often

Don't. He meant don't fail often...
914Sixer
I have a bag of 10 good used ones. As Mark said they rarely fail, and if they do it is just a solder job. Points usually do not pit because of their location.
JeffBowlsby
The rub blocks wear out on them eventually, effecting their switching function. The contacts don't wear because so little amperage goes through them.

How about devising a way to simply replace the rub blocks?
Dave_Darling
Doesn't the spring also lose it's springiness? We have seen the trigger points bounce before, and I had assumed it was due to the spring part of the points getting soft and being less springy.

Hmm, maybe we can figure out how to replace that as well?

Hey, Racer Chris!!! biggrin.gif

--DD
914Sixer
FYI, I just checked Partbob.com (Bosch Classic Parts in Germany) and they are making new trigger points for 94 Euros or $127.
bdstone914
I think I still have about 20 pairs. I get them from type 3 cars in pick a part yards. Anyone want a set at a reasonable price just pm me.
Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.