Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can a passenger seat be used on the drivers side?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scott_in_nh
if not - can the cover be taken off of a pasenger seat an put on a drivers seat?

My driver's seat is trashed and I was given a decent passenger seat - just wondering how to make it work.

Thanks
ChrisFoley
AFAIK there's only one difference between the seats.
On the outboard edge of the base, there's a relief in the fiberglass for the tilt adjuster.
So if you put a pass. seat on the driver side it will be tight at that location.
That is all.
Rand
Try it. Switch the ones you have. It works. The releases will be backwards but that doesn't kill the deal.
SirAndy
I vaguely remember that the headrests are different left to right and look weird when looking through the rear window, if the seats are switched ...
idea.gif
reharvey
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 10 2014, 05:22 PM) *

I vaguely remember that the headrests are different left to right and look weird when looking through the rear window, if the seats are switched ...
idea.gif

agree.gif If you're lucky nobody will notice
jmill
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 10 2014, 04:22 PM) *

idea.gif

You are correct. Noticeable from rear window by the angle they slope and especially noticeable if the seat fabric doesn't completely wrap around the backside.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=headrest
dlkawashima
agree.gif

It's noticeable when you look at the headrests through the back window.

EDIT: Borrowing a couple of better shots from McMark ...

The back of the headrest should slope with the firewall, i.e.,
Click to view attachment
messix
passenger seat doesn't have the relief for the e-brake.
Rand
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 10 2014, 05:27 PM) *

passenger seat doesn't have the relief for the e-brake.

That's what she said. I found a way around that.
Oh and dlkawashima made a good point.
mepstein
the later seats dont seem to have the relief. at least the pair i have. The seats look a bit different from the back but not noticible while sitting on the seat and driving
malcolm2
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jun 10 2014, 03:48 PM) *

if not - can the cover be taken off of a pasenger seat an put on a drivers seat?

My driver's seat is trashed and I was given a decent passenger seat - just wondering how to make it work.

Thanks

could you just skin both and put the good skin on the driver's side.... question for all. Or just skin the good pieces.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.