Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have experience with a WAKO CDI system?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nsr-jamie
Been doing a little work on the car the last couple of weeks and gave it a tune up, I am going to upgrade to an pointless system, probably go with the petronix ignitor I figure...while I am at it I was thinking about adding a CDI unit...I see lots of people using the red MSD boxes but they seem to get bad reviews here in Japan and they shop I deal with said they fail often and should stay away..they recommended a WAKO TECHNICAL CDI system. I have never heard of this and found out its made here in Japan to a very high standard but costs twice that of the MSD CDI...just curious if anybody has heard of them ? Or is using them and how are they? I am seriously thinking about this upgrade and it seems to be very popular here in Japan with air cooled cars and others.

The link to their site (But in Japanese)

http://homepage3.nifty.com/wako-tech/starthp/subpage02.html
nsr-jamie
Nobody has heard of this company or product? It seems to be quite popular here in Japan and is made here locally so the quality is top.....lots of air cooled guys using them here (type 1,2,3 and 4)...price is about double that of the MSD kit but seems to make more power and people tell me they never brake or fail compared to the MSD ignition...is this true? I always thought the MSD was a high quality, reliable and well built kit....but have been hearing different things from the Japanese old school car mechanics.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.