Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turn signal bulb stays on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
Is that normal? It is not blinking, the lamps just stay lit. Both sides are the same.

I was testing my blinkers out one day with the car running. I reached in and turned the key off and did not think about the signal lever. It was still on left turn.

I saw that the fender light was on, checked the right and same deal. All the lamps stay lit.

I know, " just don't leave the lever on". Still, is it normal or screwy... easy fix or hard fix?

thanks
SirAndy
Yes, normal.

It's a "parking light" and all European cars have it. It's mainly used for parking on the side of dark unlit roads.
smile.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 10 2014, 08:57 PM) *

Yes, normal.

It's a "parking light" and all European cars have it. It's mainly used for parking on the side of dark unlit roads.
smile.gif

So when I park in the dark, in Europe, I should leave my turn signal lever on? Maybe on the street side? That is crazy. I had a few Bugs in my early days, I don't remember if they did that.

Glad to hear it is normal, I got enough stuff to work on.
SirAndy
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jun 10 2014, 07:01 PM) *
So when I park in the dark, in Europe, I should leave my turn signal lever on? Maybe on the street side? That is crazy. I had a few Bugs in my early days, I don't remember if they did that.

That is correct and yes, bugs have it too ...
smile.gif

Backroads usually don't have dedicated space for parking so you normal end up with at least part of your car in the road.
Using the parking light on the side that faces the road makes your car more visible to other drivers.

I grew up in a very rural area in Germany and i used this on a regular basis ...
driving.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 10 2014, 09:16 PM) *

QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jun 10 2014, 07:01 PM) *

That is correct and yes, bugs have it too ...
smile.gif

Backroads usually don't have dedicated space for parking so you normal end up with at least part of your car in the road.
Using the parking light on the side that faces the road makes your car more visible to other drivers.

I grew up in a very rural area in Germany and i used this on a regular basis ...
driving.gif

Someone HERE knows everything. And someone is always waiting to answer at nearly any hour. chowtime.gif Great resource, can't get enough.

THANKS
eyesright
I make a quick left U-turn into a parking space at work everyday. Once or twice I have left work at the end of the day to find the left blinker/parking light on and have an "au krappe!" moment thinking I'll have to get some jumper cables from a co-worker...But it always starts up with no problems.

Once, one of our customers, who knows the car belongs to me, came in to tell us I'd left the lights on, but only one was working...

So, maybe strange to us but, well engineered, I guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.