Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1965 two liter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
stopped at a shop today... The guy had an olde two litre for sale for 1500 cnd$ that works out to about 1200 usd.. said it ran two years ago it was out of a 65 911, should I buy it for my bro's car or wait and get a bigger one later???? the number on the block was 905255.... and it has been apparently rebuilt once, He tried the high pressure sales "trick" IPB Image
What do you think???? IPB Image
steve
Bleyseng
If its the early sandcast aluminum block the racers like to make hipo 2.8L sixes outta em. Mucho strong block since they are aluminum.

Geoff
rhodyguy
complete engine, as in carbs, fan shroud, alt?

kevin
Trekkor
Uhhhh.... IPB Image ya!
Rusty
AFAIK, the early 2.0 cases are prized because they're aluminum, as opposed to the 68-69 case which was magnesium. Hot rodding a 911 motor is $$$, but easier on the aluminum cases.

905225 is a pretty early serial number, but I don't have my book handy.

-Lawrence
pete-stevers
how did I know you'd be all over it Trekkor,
yes it is a complete with carbs, funky air cleaner etc ....
Rusty
The 65 originally came with Solex carbs. They worked, but not as well as Webers.

It the motor is complete, it sounds like a good deal. Or, you could resell it to some CW on the little-winkie list. If this motor comes with Webers, it's probably a sweet deal.

-Lawrence
Joe Bob
Pig in a poke unless ya get leak down numbers....if he or you can't prove that it WILL run.....it's a 500 USD lump of parts....
pete-stevers
maybe I'll start at 500 buckeroos... IPB Image gotta feel him out, its been sitting for at least in his shop for at least two years IPB Image
he also had some s calipers sitting around...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.