Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free is For Me!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
I know it's not a 914, but it was Free & I was helping a friend who lost storage

The Cage is probably worth more than the car - Can anyone say ChumpCar or LeMons?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ripper911
A mustang? barf.gif

hot_shoe914
Can anyone say "Chump"? poke.gif
Steve
Is that a Model T "live axle" ?
jmill
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 12 2014, 07:44 PM) *

Is that a Model T "live axle" ?

Looks like an 8"
Jetsetsurfshop
Needs to be Chumped!!
JRust
TC WTF.gif . Man I've heard you have issues & I never believed it. I thought you were my long lost twin. I gotta say man I have standards confused24.gif . I guess you must be the black sheep of the twin shades.gif
shoguneagle
I like it. It shows a lot of work and skill has gone into a project. Thanks for helping the friend who lost his storage.

Is the car a "Fox Body Mustang"?

As for Mr. Rust, what can I say? LOL
infraredcalvin
Yes, that is a fox body, they're making a comeback...cheap and plentiful.

Great score, looks like the cage is not finished, only tacked in the rear photo.

If you tun into a chump, please show progress here!
NORD
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 12 2014, 07:33 PM) *

TC WTF.gif . Man I've heard you have issues & I never believed it. I thought you were my long lost twin. I gotta say man I have standards confused24.gif . I guess you must be the black sheep of the twin shades.gif

TC sell it to JRUST then he'll have to stop kidding you. Yes a candidate for a chump car

driving.gif
JamesM
is that an gear selector for an automatic I see?

Anyways, my brother in law is a redneck and does train tracing at the local circle track. this looks all ready to be chained up as a break car!

not my thing, but ya sure cant beat the price!
Allan
I like the Fox body Mustangs, they can be made to go very fast in a straight line... What's with the big bar up front?
balljoint
Fitting the Sheridan body kit to that will not be easy. biggrin.gif
carr914
The cage need to be finished as far the Welding goes. But we have 14 Welders at work and one of them would knock this out in no time. The Bar in front is to push all those furen cars outa the way
r_towle
Drag car
r_towle
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 13 2014, 02:33 AM) *

is that an gear selector for an automatic I see?

Anyways, my brother in law is a redneck and does train tracing at the local circle track. this looks all ready to be chained up as a break car!

not my thing, but ya sure cant beat the price!

You need to post lots of pictures of train racing.....
carr914
I gave it away for $150 & a Case of Cheap Beer! beer3.gif
Porschef
The profile lines in the front quarter make me think it's a Capri...same difference. My sister had one years ago that I'd borrow periodically and just thrash... rolleyes.gif
It went pretty good
green914

The demolition derby popcorn[1].gif
carr914
The kid that bought it will Dirt Track Race it. Will Tony Stewart show up? driving.gif
Brett W
If you intend to use the car as a race car, you need to cut the rear down bars out and relocate them, you will also need to remove the "harness bar" and install a proper SCCA/NASA legal one piece diagonal and add a new harness bar. The passenger door bars need some gussets or perhaps just cut them out and add new proper door bars. I dont' built cages with NASCAR bars because they are a terrible design, but since you have them, they can be passable with some more gussets.

It looks like someone built a circle track car with it. Hope the new owner is happy with the project.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.