Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Can I Fix This
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
motorvated
The wing window on the passenger side door of my car doesn't line up properly with the angle of the windshield, leaving a gap at the top. I have been inside the door and tried loosening the two bolts that seem to hold the vertical channel in place. Doesn't seem to be an adjustment there. Anyone know if it's possible to get this thing lined up. Door is very straight in opening with good rear gap. Driver's side is OK. Pictures below.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Yes, it is easy. Pull door panel and loosen 10mm bolt under vent window. Go to the bottom out side of door and loosen 13mm nut. Spray bolt that holds window post with some PB Blaster. You are now ready to move the post in by turning post screw adjuster in or out as needed. When aligned where you want it tighten bolt and nut.
motorvated
Thanks Mark. I saw two nuts down on the bottom of the door, just didn't figure out how they worked. I'll take a stab at it this weekend.
NORD
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 12 2014, 08:12 PM) *

Yes, it is easy. Pull door panel and loosen 10mm bolt under vent window. Go to the bottom out side of door and loosen 13mm nut. Spray bolt that holds window post with some PB Blaster. You are now ready to move the post in by turning post screw adjuster in or out as needed. When aligned where you want it tighten bolt and nut.

I agree. This is how the book suggest it be done. It may be in the tech 600 book.
rhodyguy
In the Haynes for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.