Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Bad news and good news
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Air_Cooled_Nut
Just got news from my insurance company and they said that they, too, are going to consider my '95 Jetta a total. That pretty much made me hate careless drivers and their insurance companies so much I got a headache. But I was able to get more $$$ for my Jetta because my insurance company hired an independent appraiser who understood the modified vehicle community far better than any insurance appraiser, particularly Safeco's incompetent carpet stain. So I'm gonna "buy back" my totally-paid-for-and-working-perfectly-before-the-accident Jetta and part it out -- which will get me even MORE money as we all know than if I simply let the insurance company "buy it from me". But in the mean time I'm without a decent vehicle. Sunny days will have to be the motorcycle and wet ones will be the Squareback. The 914 needs a good amount of work before she'll even be considered to move further than the innards of my garage.

The good news:
IPB Image
(Daddy, you don't expect me to get in your 914 with it looking like that, do you?)

Parental details (short videos, pictures) here.
In a nutshell, she's very quiet and healthy. Mom is doing very well and both ladies come home tomorrow IPB Image
nebreitling
screw the car, that child is beautiful IPB Image

congratulations!
Mrs. K
IPB Image Congratulations!!!!
She is absolutely beautiful! IPB Image
Glad to hear that Mom and baby are doing
great!

Lisa IPB Image
Carl
IPB Image Whew!
I thought you totalled the Jetta AND the baby.

Congratulations on the baby, sorry for the VW. On balance, I'd say you're ahead.
Meredith
She is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations to you both!
rick 918-S
The best of times are coming! IPB Image
pete-stevers
Big horray for you and mom!! IPB Image
Little scary in the delivery room, eh?
they bring a lot more joy than the jetta, and if you can come out ahead parting it IPB Image
all the best
steve IPB Image
GWN7
congratulations IPB Image IPB Image
DuckRyder
Congratulations on the newest Air_Cooled_Nutette. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

As far as the Jetta – Upgrade IPB Image .

IPB Image

I almost wish somebody would total mine (leaving Katherine unhurt of course) I swear the thing hates me NOTHING ever goes right on it. Cannot wait to change the timing chain guides.
IPB Image IPB Image
jwalters
IPB Image Congratulations on the birth!!! Also the happiest day in my life when my baby girl came to be!!! She is now 8 and oh my gosh where the the time go??? IPB Image
Bruce Allert
CONGRATS Toby IPB Image

You have two beautiful ladies there....

good job Mrs. Toby IPB Image

......b
914 novice
QUOTE (pete-stevers @ Jan 17 2005, 10:10 PM)
Big horray for you and mom!! IPB Image
Little scary in the delivery room, eh?
they bring a lot more joy than the jetta, and if you can come out ahead parting it IPB Image
all the best
steve IPB Image

You are sick man!He just had his baby and you are already talking about parting her out!Oh, you meant the car IPB Image
Congratulations!!!She is adorable.There will be some sleepless nights ahead for feedings,leeking fliuds,obnoxious gasses etc.You'll figure it out.But when you get that first smile...Don't listen to the wife it was not gas she really did smile at you. IPB Image
Enjoy your daughter she truly is a gift
IronHillRestorations
No experience can compare, eh?? Congrats Toby, I owe you two beers!

Good to see that the baby breast feeding, best thing you can do, easiest too. My advice is to do whatever you can to offset her commitment (afterall you can't hardly breast feed the baby). Both our kids were breastfed and we didn't know what an ear infection was until they were over two. So much easier when you travel, lot's better than all that bottle crap too.

Face it dude, you just need to get a minivan IPB Image
Rusty
Congrats on the baby, man. That's awesome. Give the new momma a hug from all of us here at the Club!

-Lawrence
Jeroen
Hey Toby, congrats!!!
Once the ladies are home, you'll forget all about cars IPB Image
Gint
Beautiful! Congratulations to you both.
Pnambic
QUOTE (9146986 @ Jan 18 2005, 09:20 AM)
No experience can compare, eh?? Congrats Toby, I owe you two beers!

Good to see that the baby breast feeding, best thing you can do, easiest too. My advice is to do whatever you can to offset her commitment (afterall you can't hardly breast feed the baby). Both our kids were breastfed and we didn't know what an ear infection was until they were over two. So much easier when you travel, lot's better than all that bottle crap too.

Face it dude, you just need to get a minivan IPB Image

Wow....maybe it was a sign? IPB Image Time to get the family vehicle upgraded? Maybe have to get a Jetta wagon now so you can handle all the burpcloths, baby dolls, walkers, strollers and the 3 or 4 diaper bags full of countless odds and ends you won't need that you will undoubtedly carry everywhere with you for the first few months. IPB Image IPB Image

Congrats on the baby! Lots of that going on around this club recently...
And you know the best part of that Jetta was putting it all together. Now you get to do it all over again!
IPB Image
IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
Congrats man you're gonna love every minute of it, well maybe not every minute but pretty close.

Don't listen to them about the minivan crap, you gotta have at least 3 kids before that is required.

Sean
Root_Werks
Congrats! She is a cutie! glad to hear the wife and little one are fine. Yeah, screw the car, you can always get another. IPB Image
Air_Cooled_Nut
Back home and mom is a little upset that Bella will quiet down only when I am the one talking to her.

I decided to "buy back" the Jetta and drove her home today. Got the front bumper on and will try the rear one tomorrow, then spot weld the trunk to the body so nobody can sneak into the car IPB Image Car still drives great and I need to get the final dyno done to her to see if the exhaust header helps increase engine output. From there I'm gonna either get another 2.0L Jetta and transfer all the parts (cuz I would really like to SCCA her) or if it's just not looking good I'll part her out and look into getting a 914 for my daily driver. Thing is, I get attached to my vehicles so this is really stressful for me!

Anyway, thanks for the words of encouragement on the baby. I'm getting more advice thrown at me than flys on a cow pie in August. Right now mom is getting some much needed sleep and Bella is in the computer room with me, oogling other people's 914 and Ferraris IPB Image As Antonette grimly says, "She's Daddies Girl!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.