Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noble super cool car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
it seems that this car is about the same size...

the motor and tranny seem to be sideways, yet mid mounted...

This gearbox iswhat is interesting.

Does anyone have some more detailed pics of how it fits in the noble???

Rich
Maltese Falcon
Noble built/ sold in the UK, is available in U.S. , however w/o engine drivetrain (must be a DOT or EPA deal). I've seen the dealer in Robb Report or DuPont Reg. a few weeks ago. Engine is a Ford Duratec V6 3.0 24v (as in the ST220 Mondeo) or as here the late Contour SVT (which was a 2.5). Uses a Quaiffe l/s diff sidewinder config.
These engines are extremely responsive to tuning. We build headers for the 2.5/ 3.0 gearheads, and some tuners get up to +25 fwhp on intake/ exhaust only IPB Image !
There is one tuner now getting 396 fwhp out of a Vortec blown 3.0 in a 4 door contour IPB Image
I did have one cust'r in LV putting this engine in a 914 last year, but lost contact.
boxstr
Rich Here is one on ebay. It gives some good information and a website to look at.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4519898527&rd=1
I really like the look and size of this car. Much more affordable than the Ford GTs for sale at the dealers.
CCLINNOBLEONE
skline
Ok, Can I say Wow! about this car without everyone saying crap about what I like? I like to be different. If I win the lotto I will bid on this car for sure. I wonder how it handles? Sure fast in a straight line is easy but can it turn at high speed too? I will have to look into this car a little more. But I like what I see so far.
Jake Raby
I drove one last year at the Petit Lemans that was on display..

I wasn't impressed, no power below 6K at all...... It reminded me of an Acura NSX with its powerband

Maybe it would be worth something if it had a Type IV installed! IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.