Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rim question(s)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Oxen914
I have a few questions hopefully some of you can help with:

1. What kind of wheels are these? I know they are a Minlite knock off, but I'm curious if anyone has every run into these? They are 15x9 and the only writing on the rim is 130 (the bolt patter I assume).

2. One of the rims is really messed up, you can see the picture how wrecked it is. Is this repairable? If it is, who can work their magic on them?

Thanks for all of you knowledge!
rhodyguy
the broken wheel is a goner. scrap weight value. mini lights or knockoffs? at a minimum the other wheels should be spin on a tire balancer to check for trueness. for inexpensive (relatively) replacement wheels check out cip1.com.

k
Oxen914
headbang.gif
That's what I was afraid of. I just picked these 3 1/2 wheels up from a cool guy in Roanoke, he gave me a good deal on them. I am going to try to find 2 (somewhat) matching minilites for the front. What are my chances of finding minilites? I am very new to the 914 community.

Thanks~
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Oxen914 @ Jun 13 2014, 12:29 PM) *

headbang.gif
That's what I was afraid of. I just picked these 3 1/2 wheels up from a cool guy in Roanoke, he gave me a good deal on them. I am going to try to find 2 (somewhat) matching minilites for the front. What are my chances of finding minilites? I am very new to the 914 community.

Thanks~

what size minilites? 70's era or new?
Mike Bellis
Possibly saveable if you want to change them to 3 piece wheels. May not be worth the effort though. Team 3 Wheels in San Leandro CA can possibly fix or convert to 3 piece. Won't be cheap... sad.gif
sixnotfour
Caroll Shelby Anaconda wheels....I have a bunch of them, 10- 15x7, 6- 15x8.5

here is where the wheels came from;
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=anaconda

more,
steuspeed
VTO has a 4x130mm 15" x 7" wheel.

http://www.vtowheels.com/15-stock-product1.html
Oxen914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 13 2014, 06:57 PM) *

Caroll Shelby Anaconda wheels....I have a bunch of them, 10- 15x7, 6- 15x8.5

here is where the wheels came from;

more,

You have a bunch of them???

I would be interested if you wanted to sell a few...
Oxen914
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Jun 13 2014, 05:31 PM) *

headbang.gif

Thanks~

They are more than a few years old, I would guess the 70's. They are not real Minilites, sixnotfour nailed them. They are Anaconda's made by Shelby industries.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Oxen914 @ Jun 13 2014, 09:14 PM) *

headbang.gif

Thanks~

They are more than a few years old, I would guess the 70's. They are not real Minilites, sixnotfour nailed them. They are Anaconda's made by Shelby industries.

Jeff (sixnotfour) could probably re-rim the broken one. 'Course then you'd have one that looks brand new and three that look pretty patina'd. I'm convinced that there's nothing that exists that is considered cool that is NOT in Jeffs garage. . . lol-2.gif
Oxen914
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 14 2014, 11:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Oxen914 @ Jun 13 2014, 09:14 PM) *

headbang.gif

Thanks~

Jeff (sixnotfour) could probably re-rim the broken one. 'Course then you'd have one that looks brand new and three that look pretty patina'd. I'm convinced that there's nothing that exists that is considered cool that is NOT in Jeffs garage. . . lol-2.gif

Awesome, Jeff is clearly the Man!
sixnotfour
Here is a pic of what I got x2...plus 16 lugbolts
Oxen914
I'll take em! Thanks again for your help.
sixnotfour
Sounds Good ,,can I have the broken one in the deal?? I will pay the shipping..Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.