Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Track Car Wings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
spaceshuttle
After running my V8 914 at Road Atlanta this weekend, it became obvious that I need more Aero. Car became very light down the backstretch and I had to ease up a bit. I currently have an air dam on the front (no splitter) and an 8" Sheridan duck tail on the rear. Thinking I may need a rear wing. Ideas?
Seabird
QUOTE(spaceshuttle @ Jun 16 2014, 05:52 AM) *

After running my V8 914 at Road Atlanta this weekend, it became obvious that I need more Aero. Car became very light down the backstretch and I had to ease up a bit. I currently have an air dam on the front (no splitter) and an 8" Sheridan duck tail on the rear. Thinking I may need a rear wing. Ideas?

Vortex Generators

Read this write up a few months ago. For 30 dollars its a cheap possible solution. I put them on for sh!ts and grins. While I was track side last weekend another 914 old timer came up and commented on them, he said they are know to help our cars a lot.

Miguel
spaceshuttle
QUOTE(Seabird @ Jun 16 2014, 07:13 AM) *

Vortex Generators

Read this write up a few months ago. For 30 dollars its a cheap possible solution. I put them on for sh!ts and grins. While I was track side last weekend another 914 old timer came up and commented on them, he said they are know to help our cars a lot.

Miguel

Thanks Miguel
bulitt
Anyone try a rear diffuser? Possibly one on either side of the transaxle?
Jetsetsurfshop

Any pictures here?
I though I read somewhere that aero needs to be on both ends. I'm curious what other think here too. confused24.gif
race914
I'm still running the Vortex Generators along with the 8" Sheridan rear spoiler. To balance this out, I have a low front air dam with a splitter.

Some pics showing the aero mods front and back

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

For the small cost, you might consider trying them out before going to a big wing.
You can order them here AirTabs

I had to put on a somewhat large splitter to balance the downforce on the front. I made these out of fiberglas for along time, but switched to 1/8" fiberboard because it's just as light, cheaper and more durable.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(race914 @ Jul 4 2014, 07:11 AM) *

I'm still running the Vortex Generators along with the 8" Sheridan rear spoiler. To balance this out, I have a low front air dam with a splitter.

Some pics showing the aero mods front and back

For the small cost, you might consider trying them out before going to a big wing.
You can order them here AirTabs

I had to put on a somewhat large splitter to balance the downforce on the front. I made these out of fiberglas for along time, but switched to 1/8" fiberboard because it's just as light, cheaper and more durable.

Did the front air dam start like this one on Pelican?
Great looking car! aktion035.gif
race914
Had some PMs so here is the layout of the Splitter using a 4'x2' piece of 1/8" fiber board.

Click to view attachment

Hi Spaceshuttle, I'm adding this info because this front/rear aero setup eliminated the same 'light' feeling you posted about. My car feels 'planted' now. Hope this info is some help to you
campbellcj
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Jul 4 2014, 07:47 PM) *

FWIW I have that front and also the same rear as shown above -- both are Roger Sheridan pieces and are very nice.

Be careful of adequate airflow to the brakes with these low front spoilers. I learned my lesson on that a few weeks ago. Big time pucker factor.
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jul 20 2014, 09:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Jul 4 2014, 07:47 PM) *

FWIW I have that front and also the same rear as shown above -- both are Roger Sheridan pieces and are very nice.

Be careful of adequate airflow to the brakes with these low front spoilers. I learned my lesson on that a few weeks ago. Big time pucker factor.

Are you using the duct work in the spoiler?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.