Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Acceleration With Clutch Use
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
Was out for a drive today and went to shift gears and the engine revs shot up WTF.gif

Was able to let the clutch out and the revs went down. Overall not a good situation in traffic. After pulling off I discovered that the clip on the clutch cable had come off and hooked the accelerator cable. So every time the clutch was depressed the engine revved!

Tough fix on the side of the road! But this might ought to be an annual check for everyone. Not sure if there is a problem with the clasp or if it was a freak occurrence.
rosenfe
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jun 16 2014, 05:56 PM) *

Was out for a drive today and went to shift gears and the engine revs shot up WTF.gif

Was able to let the clutch out and the revs went down. Overall not a good situation in traffic. After pulling off I discovered that the clip on the clutch cable had come off and hooked the accelerator cable. So every time the clutch was depressed the engine revved!

Tough fix on the side of the road! But this might ought to be an annual check for everyone. Not sure if there is a problem with the clasp or if it was a freak occurrence.

this just happened to me this past week.had to shut down engine on the freeway and get off.limped home,fearful of stepping on clutch.it turned out the arm that throttle cable attaches to had a lot of wiggle play allowing it to catch on cluth cable.now pedal cluster out
aircooledtechguy
Sounds like your throttle cable is wrapped around the clutch cable down by the pedals. Easy fix. Check it out with a mirror and a flash light.
ehokana
I would also guess the throttle catching on the clutch cable. Happened to me right as I was test driving my latest 914...luckily I knew the trick and fixed it in the PO's driveway. He was a 944 guy that I knew and said that he thought for sure I'd walk away at that point
rosenfe
QUOTE(ehokana @ Jun 18 2014, 12:46 AM) *

I would also guess the throttle catching on the clutch cable. Happened to me right as I was test driving my latest 914...luckily I knew the trick and fixed it in the PO's driveway. He was a 944 guy that I knew and said that he thought for sure I'd walk away at that point

k
as i posted earlier,i too had this problem.i took pedal set out and reached into tunnel and could feel where clutch cable came out of tube and also where the accelerator cable came out,they were not intetwined,but where the accelerator cable connects to pedal set there is lots of play,bushings totally shot.so im assuming this play allowed the cables to connect and affect each other when depressing clutch.does this sound right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.