Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Woo Hoo Getting a New Car!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iiibdsiil
Well, I just got back from the Ford dealer. Since I am an employee, I got a good price on an 05 Mustang GT and ordered it today. Yay! I convinced mom to let me trade my truck in finally.

Now I have to wait 6 weeks minimum. IPB Image

Now to get the 914 back on the road...
nebreitling
lmfao.... not this again!!!! what ever happened to the impala? IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

at least you got door locks..
bondo
Hehe, I remember the truck/impala/914 fiasco, but what's this about door locks?

(Good choice on the new car BTW)
iiibdsiil
Mom wanted me to get a new car with a warranty. My truck is at 32,000 on the clock, and it's an 04. She was going to just put the extended warranty on it, but I told her that could cost 2,000. Then I got pricing on the car, 23,800 and they will give me 18,500 for my truck as a trade in. So, for what, 4,000 difference now, it will finally shut me up. IPB Image
iiibdsiil
The door locks are because my mom walked in on my girlfriend and I a few times going at it. IPB Image
aircooledboy
A buddy of mine had ordered a new mustang but cancelled it. He said he was told some crap about Ford getting sued over the multi color dash lighting system,and that Ford couldn't get the components, so they were falling way way behind in production. IPB Image Any truth to it?
bondo
QUOTE (iiibdsiil @ Jan 18 2005, 12:37 PM)
The door locks are because my mom walked in on my girlfriend and I a few times going at it. IPB Image

Eep... a FEW times? Once I can understand.. IPB Image
iiibdsiil
I didn't hear about that. That is part of the interior upgrade package which I heard was causing a back log. But the fleet manager said they have been getting Gt's 6 weeks after ordering since they came out. I know some people are waiting a lot longer than that. I think mine will be considered an extra alotment though since I am an employee. I hope it doesn't take longer than that.
iiibdsiil
QUOTE (bondo @ Jan 18 2005, 02:43 PM)
Eep... a FEW times? Once I can understand.. IPB Image

My avatar make sense now?
bondo
QUOTE (iiibdsiil @ Jan 18 2005, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (bondo @ Jan 18 2005, 02:43 PM)
Eep... a FEW times? Once I can understand..  :)

My avatar make sense now?

Yup.. If it were me I'd put a door knocker on the door too, just for laughs IPB Image
iiibdsiil
LOL. That is great. I might have to do that. I am in my own apt now, but for my room at home...
Joe Ricard
Maybe you need to move out? then you only need to lock the front door.
Aaron Cox
oh man...that had to be the funniest thread ever.....

locked doors protect his whores IPB Image

anyway..... i like the gt's.
Meredith
You're never going to live that one down. I don't think anyone will let you. Myself included. IPB Image
iiibdsiil
That's okay, it makes me laugh ever time I think about it.
Rhodes71/914
Everytime I see you post I think about that thread. Actually wondered a few times if it ever worked out, looks like it is.

BTW keep that damn door locked!
iiibdsiil
Yeah, it's working out. Mom goes "This isn't one of your badder ideas." I knew I had her then. LOL.

Gonna pick up a door knocker from home depot tomorrow, will post pics IPB Image

Funny thing is at our new house that my mom has been living in for about 9 months, and that I moved out of 6 months ago, I still don't have any furniture besides a bed and a desk that has crap all over it. Even the closet is full of moms clothes... At least she has my priorities straight! I should have told her that the bed set she picked out didn't allow for me to tie up or be tied up. IPB Image
mike_the_man
Ok, how did I miss this whole door lock thing?!? I remember the Impala thread, that was kinda funny, but this one sounds much better. I'll have to do some digging, I guess.
VegasRacer
I don't think the back seat of the Mustang is big enough for any serious fooling around.
Maybe you should get the windows tinted just in case. IPB Image
rhodyguy
what color? the yellow is a bit bright for my (poor) taste. are the new ones offered in "bullit" green?

kevin
mike_the_man
Ok, I can't find this infamous Locked door thread. Does it still exist?
iiibdsiil
I think that thread doesn't exist anymore, I know the Impala one is gone. Maybe they were the same one? I don't even remember.

The car will be black on black, and yes, I plan on getting the windows tinted. I don't need a stinking back seat!

Now I just gotta remember to lock the doors on it when we are fooling around...
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ Jan 19 2005, 06:32 AM)
Ok, I can't find this infamous Locked door thread. Does it still exist?

It was all one thread and I think he deleted it.
iiibdsiil
I know I deleted the Impala fiasco one, I didn't realize they were the same...
Bleyseng
an admin can bring it back......hint hint. Should be in the Classic Threads IMHO
Jenny
Eh... I think we should let that thread die a quiet death. iiibdsiil got razzed quite a bit by the majority of the club in that thread. And it wasn't like there were pictures posted of said walking in incident.

Jen
Mueller
QUOTE (iiibdsiil @ Jan 19 2005, 08:11 AM)
I think that thread doesn't exist anymore, I know the Impala one is gone. Maybe they were the same one? I don't even remember.

The car will be black on black, and yes, I plan on getting the windows tinted. I don't need a stinking back seat!

Now I just gotta remember to lock the doors on it when we are fooling around...

I like the new GT's....they need much, much wider tires in the rear IPB Image

BF Goodrich has a cool new ad showing nice looking 20" rims on a new GT...
iiibdsiil
Honestly, I think that thread was about as bad as an abortion conversation, or politics. Some people, I don't remember, were pretty nasty in some circumstances, and I think that it is better that it is forgotten about, I know I did. When I read it, I made sure to not look at the members names, I didn't want to hold a grudge.

I don't like the wheel setup either, so when the guy askd me if I wanted the upgraded wheels I asked him why would I pay more for wheels when I don't like either option? So get the stock 5 spoke gray ones, and I can burn the rubber off of them, and then get a set of 18's or something that will look good, but not allow tire prices to be through the roof like a 20 will be. I want to be able to burn rubber, have fun, and act like I am 18 years old. And not have to spend a grand every time I need tires. That's a little much to just burn up, and takes some time saving.
redshift
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jan 19 2005, 04:00 PM)
Eh... I think we should let that thread die a quiet death. iiibdsiil got razzed quite a bit by the majority of the club in that thread. And it wasn't like there were pictures posted of said walking in incident.

Jen

I'd need more information to make a judgement.. got any 8X10s?

M
iiibdsiil
Lol. No 8 x 10 here, I'll be honest, it ain't that big!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.