gregrobbins
Hi Fi Guy, I am there.

Great Cause!
azbill
Brian
I'm planning on being there.
AzBill
Hi_Fi_Guy
Five 914s signed up in the first day! It would be great to see at least another five to ten 914s enter the event. Everyone involved is really excited and I know we are going to have a great time and do some good for the American Red Cross.

Hopefully by Monday I'll be able to announce some more vendors who will be providing additional items for our raffle. Any individuals or vendors here who would like to donate please feel free to PM me as well.

Ever entry to the Targa-Aid Classic received 5 complimentary raffle tickets. Additional raffle tickets can pe purchased here:
Raffle Tickets
Part Pricer
I see that if you register you get:

=======================================================

Register Now for the Targa-Aid Classic 2005

Your donation of only $10.00 includes:

* Entry to the event
* Targa-Aid rally plate for your car
* Entry of your vehicle in the car show
* Entry to Lake Pleasant
* Five complimentary raffle tickets

100% of the proceeds from the raffle benefit the American Red Cross

=======================================================

If I register with no intention of showing up can I get the rally plate sent to me? Think of it as a donation in exchange for a plate. Kind of like a PBS tote-bag.
seanery
good idear paul...I may be up for that, too.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 19 2005, 05:59 AM)
good idear paul...I may be up for that, too.

IPB Image

In fact I sent them an e-mail last night and asked that exact question.
When I get a reply I will post it here.
Hi_Fi_Guy
Due to tremendous response....

For those who would like to support Targa-Aid Classic 2005 and can not attend you can order a souvenir rally plate at the following web address:
http://www.targa-aid.org/targa/donations.htm

The rally plates are silk-screened red onto a durable white plastic plate. Very similar to West Coast Classic plates from last year or some of the newer Dakar plates.

Thank you to everyone, your support is appreciated.
3d914
Brian,

I have a conflicting event that weekend, but I'll make a donation at the link you provided. Looks like it will be mucho funo.

Nice job on the flyer. Thanks for including my teener.

Enjoy!
Hi_Fi_Guy
QUOTE (3d914 @ Jan 19 2005, 10:35 AM)
Brian,

I have a conflicting event that weekend, but I'll make a donation at the link you provided. Looks like it will be mucho funo.

Nice job on the flyer. Thanks for including my teener.

Enjoy!

Between AZSols, SCCA, PCA, POC, etc. it was almost impossible not to have a conflict. Sorry you will not be able to make it, we will miss you and the awesome megasquirt 914.

If you don't come who wil I get to medel for next year's flyer?

Thanks for the donation. We will announce at the event just how much we have raised for the American Red Cross. With the tsunami death toll now over 200,000 I am hoping we turn out to be a generous bunch.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Hi_Fi_Guy @ Jan 19 2005, 09:34 AM)
For those who would like to support Targa-Aid Classic 2005 and can not attend you can order a souvenir rally plate at the following web address:

When I follow the links, it only takes me to my Paypal account. I need to know who to send the money to. What is the e-mail address for Hi Fi Colour Design? How much is required for postage?
Hi_Fi_Guy
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 19 2005, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (Hi_Fi_Guy @ Jan 19 2005, 09:34 AM)

When I follow the links, it only takes me to my Paypal account. I need to know who to send the money to. What is the e-mail address for Hi Fi Colour Design? How much is required for postage?

Yes, discovered the issue earlier this evening with PayPal's merchant preferences some people only are taken to their log-in screen... seems to be pretty random and totally bizarre. There is a new version of the "Pay Now" button at:
This seems to work for everyone including the few people who experienced the problem earlier today.

If the new button still doesn't work for you feel free to send the PayPal to info@hifidesign.com -
$10.00 for a souvenir rally plate + 1.50 s/h for a total of $11.50. The $10.00 goes directly to the American Red Cross.

Thanks again for your support, the response has been really great from 914 wners and delSol owners. Some additional sponsors are stepping up to the plate with raffle items and give-aways. If you have any problems with PayPal e-mail me directly info@hifideisgn.com and I'll do whatever it takes to collect the donation and get the rally plate to you.
VegasRacer
Woo Hoo. IPB Image It works. IPB Image

This email confirms that you have paid Hi-Fi colour design, LLC (info@hifidesign.com) $11.50 USD using PayPal.

Item/Product Name:  Souvenir Targa-Aid Rally Plate
Hi_Fi_Guy
I know what a charitable bunch we all are here at 914world.com. We wouldn't want the Honda delSol owners to show us up by buying twice as many raffle tickets as we have would we?

You can purchase additional raffle tickets in stes of 1, 5, & 20 here:
http://www.targa-aid.org/targa/raffle.htm

The following have pledged items for the charity raffle.
- 9R Parts - aluminum pedal board
- Hondacuraworld
- Raby's Aircooled Technology
- Camp 914
- Bruce Napier

100% of the raffle ticket sales will go to the American Red Cross disaster relief fund. As a token of our appreciation each of these sponsors will receive a Targa-Aid Classic rally plate.
Hi_Fi_Guy
A quick update on the event.

Chase Home Finance will be providing Krispe Kreme coffee and donuts at the event check in the morning of February 27th. Mmmmmm, donuts IPB Image

So far nearly even number of 914s and delSols pre-registered. Maybe one Acura NSX attending... the delSol club people are working on the owner IPB Image To date the delSol club is killing us 914club people on raffle ticket sales by a margin of about 20 to 1. Step up to the plate 914 owners and buy your tickets here: Raffle Tickets. You don't want somebody else taking home your 914 goodies do ya?

By my count close to $800 worth of raffle items provided by our sponsors. Many of the items are 914 specific and a great debt of gratitude is owed to the generous vendors and business owners in the 914 community. If you haven't checked out the raffle prizes in a while please take a look at the update. Targa-Aid Raffle. There will be even more raffle prizes added soon.

I am very excited to say that our vendor has upgraded the rally plates from plastic to aluminum. They are still red over white and are the same size as a normal license plate. No fancy die-cuts or embossing (It is being done at the lowest possible cost since this is all for charity). The aluminum plates are sturdier, look nicer, and should make a nice keepsake from the event. Here is the final design as it is being printed on the plates.

IPB Image

If you have not registered there is still time to do so. A $10 donation gets you an entire day of fun with food, fun, and prizes. Not to mention a whole lot of nice looking 914s and delSols to check out and some new friends to meet. California & Las Vegas are both pretty close so don't feel left out, come be part of the fun. There will be a prize for the person who drives their car the farthest distance to support the event.
Targa-Aid REGISTRATION

Thanks again for the tremendous support of Targa-Aid and the American Red Cross. See everyone February 27th.

Targa-Aid
AZ914
Brian,

Thinking about going on the ride. Where is the Screamers drive-in?
Hi_Fi_Guy
Pleas join us for the fun. You can register right now at:
http://www.targa-aid.org/targa/registration.htm

Screamers is in Wickenburg. We'll be going up the back-way through some fun twisty roads. After lunch at Screamers we'll all head over to scenic Lake Pleasant where the people's choice car show awards will be handed out and the charity raffle will be held.

Registration is only $10 and includes:
- Entry to the event
- Targa-Aid rally plate for your car (aluminum not plastic)
- Entry of your vehicle in the car show
- Entry to Lake Pleasant
- Five complimentary raffle tickets

Lunch is not included so please bring an extra $5-$10 for lunch and if you are feeling generous you can by some more raffle tickets as well. We have some amazing items to raffle off. 100% of the proceeds goes to the American Red Cross.

We hope to see you on the 27th. We'll all have a great time and raise some money for the Red Cross as well.
Hi_Fi_Guy
Another update:

The fine folks at 9 Magazine will be sponsoring the goody-bags for Targa-Aid Classic 2005. Every entrant will also rceive a complimentary issue of 9 magazine inside their goody bag. 9 Magazine is also donating some of their back-issue CD-ROMs for the charity raffle.

THANK YOU 9 MAGAZINE!

914world.com has also provided us with a special mystery item that will be in the goody bag of every 914 registered. What can it be? Register today so you don't miss out!!!

Please be sure to support these sponsors and all of the Targa-Aid Classic 2005 sponsors. Check out the support so far:
Sponsors

Also be sure to check out some of the raffle items:
Charity Raffle Prizes
Hi_Fi_Guy
Targa-Aid Classic 2005 Rally Plates showed up today... they look amazing!!!

user posted image
Hi_Fi_Guy
user posted image

Targa-Aid Classis 2005
Check-in: 9:30 AM Rain or Shine February 27th, 2005.
Krispe Kreme coffee and donuts provided by Chase Home Finance (thank you 914world.com member Greg Robbins).

More info at:
http://www.targa-aid.org/targa/
Jeroen
a little late... but the Targa Aid Classic has been added to our event pages...
hope you have a great event!
Hi_Fi_Guy
Thanks, it really is shaping up to be one great day of fun and fundraising. In addition to 914s and Honda del Sols we have a 356 Speedster that is planning on attending (weather permitting) and a 2005 Louts Elise (Targa style roof) that should be fun to compare to our teeners.

Weather-dot-com says clear skies and highs in the 60s so it should be a great day for all of us to show off our cars, drive some twisty roads, and have fun.
Flat VW
Brian,

What time is the bikini contest being held again? boldblue.gif drooley.gif

I am not sure if mine still fits! mueba.gif

John
AZ914
I am not sure if mine still fits!  

John

Thats it.. I'm not going... spank.gif
Hi_Fi_Guy
Just received the trophies from DesertSol Studio. These were donated by metal-sculpter Michelle Geiss. One will go to a lucky del Sol owner and one to a fortunate 914 owner. People's choice voting at Targa-Aid so anyone can win.

user posted image
seanery
drooley.gif
VegasRacer
I was wondering if the souvernir rally plates have been mailed to those of us who supported the event with a donation but could not attend.
The_Reverend
I know this is ressurecting an old topic, but targa-aid needs to be brought back again for New Orleans. Who's with me on not only making this a club event but something where anyone can partisapate?

Im thinking mabye getting together a bunch of clubs and putting together a car show and accepting donations for Disaster Relief.

What do you all think?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.