Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fitting rims with M12 holes on M14 bolted hubs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
falcor75
My cookiecutter wheels are made for M12 wheelbolts and my newly bought 5 bolt front hubs are M14... Surely I cant be the first one running into this problem?

(I've never really thought about the possibility of wheels having anything other than M12 bolts)
Cap'n Krusty
Real "cookie cutters" are M14. Pictures?

The Cap'n
falcor75
My bad....the Cookies are real ATS's and have M14 holes.
The problem was one of the two overhauled hubs that I bought. I only unwrapped one and tried it against a wheel and it didnt fit, it looked like the bolts were too big.

Today I unwrapped the other hub and it fits just fine, on closer inspection it looks like one or two studs on the first hub arent straight

Second hub
Second hub fits

First hub
First one does not.... mad.gif

falcor75
Looked into it a bit more now and it seems the press studs are unevenly pressed into the hub. With a feeler gauge I can get a 0,3 mm blade under the head of the stud on one side and not even a 0,05 on the other.
jmill
Put a bunch of washers or an impact socket on the crooked stud (washers on top and bottom). Thread on a nut and tighten it up until the stud is pulled all the way through and square.
falcor75
QUOTE(jmill @ Jun 20 2014, 06:17 PM) *

Put a bunch of washers or an impact socket on the crooked stud (washers on top and bottom). Thread on a nut and tighten it up until the stud is pulled all the way through and square.

wub.gif piratenanner.gif

Worked like a charm, thick washer, the weld bung from an O2 sensor, another thick washer and a nut and a few turns of the impact wrench and everything lined up.

Wish I could buy you a beer!
jmill
Glad it worked out. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.