Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I picked up my 3.2 yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Clemson
I picked up the 3.2 to go in my 914 yesterday. Its from an '89 with high compression pistons, 964 cams, rebuilt less than 10,000 miles ago.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
drgchapman
Sounds like a great grab! We should play sometime....
yeahmag
Nice! What are the 3.2's going for these days?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jun 19 2014, 12:56 PM) *

$5500 - $6500 with some outliers...
yeahmag
Thanks Rob. Where would I start looking for something like that? I've never seen one for sale in any of my searches.

Elliot Cannon
Try here. http://www.ladismantler.com/
Cairo94507
I paid $5,500 from a fellow-pelican-its. Complete running '89 3.2 with brain and all of the associated parts including extra heat exchangers, fan and shroud, Steve Wong chip, spare cams, etc. The engine reportedly has only 40k miles on it. We are planning to pull it apart to check it out and refresh it so we have no surprises once it goes in the car.
mepstein
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jun 19 2014, 05:53 PM) *

Thanks Rob. Where would I start looking for something like that? I've never seen one for sale in any of my searches.

WTB on pelican.

I did that 2 years ago and got a engine within 2 hour drive. 3k on documented rebuild with euro compression, 964 cams and custom sw chip. Still needed ecu and harness and fan housing had to be replaced due to a crack but for $4k, I couldn't complain. I think it might cost 2x these days.
bandjoey
Cool looking Turrrbocharger on top! piratenanner.gif
ww914
I WANT ONE!! biggrin.gif
ovilla
Very nice score! That's going to be so much fun! I always thought I wanted a 911, but after finally driving one it simply left me wanting a 911 motor instead. I'll get one someday.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 19 2014, 03:52 PM) *

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jun 19 2014, 05:53 PM) *

WTB on pelican.

I did that 2 years ago and got a engine within 2 hour drive. 3k on documented rebuild with euro compression, 964 cams and custom sw chip. Still needed ecu and harness and fan housing had to be replaced due to a crack but for $4k, I couldn't complain. I think it might cost 2x these days.

agree.gif
Justinp71
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 19 2014, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jun 19 2014, 12:56 PM) *

$5500 - $6500 with some outliers...

Nice find! When I looked at the beginning of this year they were going for $7500+ out the door, for an 80-100k mile motor, so I just rebuilt my 3.0 into a 3.2 (the 3.0 needed work) smile.gif
Clemson
Dropped the car off at the shop today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.