Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Peter Zimmermann
I would like to buy a stock muffler, in good condition, for a 1974 1.8L 914/4. Please let me know price and shipping details. Thanks!
chad newton
QUOTE(Peter Zimmermann @ Jun 19 2014, 02:56 PM) *

I would like to buy a stock muffler, in good condition, for a 1974 1.8L 914/4. Please let me know price and shipping details. Thanks!

I have a used one that still works and looks decent. I will do 200.00 plus shipping on it. If you would like to have it, pm me your email and I will get you some pictures.
Peter Zimmermann
QUOTE(chad newton @ Jun 19 2014, 04:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Peter Zimmermann @ Jun 19 2014, 02:56 PM) *

I have a used one that still works and looks decent. I will do 200.00 plus shipping on it. If you would like to have it, pm me your email and I will get you some pictures.

Where are you so I can calculate shipping (I think that I found one close to home)?
chad newton
Ventura ca.
orthobiz
I have a muffler on my thread

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=227785

It isn't stock, but it might interest you because it's in great shape.

Paul
bdstone914
BTW 74 1.8 is a one year only muffler if you want stock. It have a curved pipe bolted to the drivers side of the muffler. 1.7 mufflers will fit but will probably restrict flow. If you cant find stock I would go with a Bursch unless you like loud mufflers.

My $.02
chad newton
This is mine.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
chad newton
Click to view attachment
bdstone914
QUOTE(chad newton @ Jun 20 2014, 11:39 PM) *

That is a 2.0 muffler that will not fit a 1.8 unless you use the matching heat exchangers and muffler bracket.
orthobiz
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 20 2014, 11:39 PM) *

BTW 74 1.8 is a one year only muffler if you want stock. It have a curved pipe bolted to the drivers side of the muffler. 1.7 mufflers will fit but will probably restrict flow. If you cant find stock I would go with a Bursch unless you like loud mufflers.

My $.02

And mine is only 75 dollars shipped...it definitely does not restrict flow and you'll have something on the car while you continue your search!

Paul
Peter Zimmermann
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 21 2014, 06:38 AM) *

My $.02

And mine is only 75 dollars shipped...it definitely does not restrict flow and you'll have something on the car while you continue your search!

Paul

I have an Ansa/Anza (?) on the car; it's painfully loud and doesn't have any holes!
Peter Zimmermann
QUOTE(Peter Zimmermann @ Jun 29 2014, 09:21 AM) *

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 21 2014, 06:38 AM) *

My $.02

Paul

I have an Ansa/Anza (?) on the car; it's painfully loud and doesn't have any holes!

BUMP...Still looking...
Peter Zimmermann
Problem solved! Found a new Dansk complete with new (correct) tailpipe at a wholesaler that I used back in the day. Now, when the temp in my garage comes down into the 90F range I'll install it!

Edit: Just installed the new muffler, and I have a new car!!! What a difference - whoo-hoo. It's really hot here, but my son and I are going for a drive in a few minutes...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.