Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who's got the most?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theleschyouknow
Sure anybody'd have a sh!t fit for a barn find with 30k miles but was just curious what's the most miles anyone's got on their 914?
engine rebuilds not withstanding what's the biggest number on the odo
again sorry if its been asked I'm too lazy & the search is too confusing to look for it
JStroud
That would be an impossible question for most, unless you bought it new or had documentation showing mileage over the years. Since the odometers roll over at 100,000 most would have no idea how many times its rolled, except the rare few listed above.
'73-914kid
When I bought my car, it was documented as having 310,000 miles on it. 3 previous owners, 2 different speedometers, all accounted and tracked the mileage surprisingly enough, through the odometer failures.

After 5 years of ownership, I've put a little over 70,000 miles on it, over the course of three engines. 20,000 more to go before the big 400,000 mile marker.
bdstone914
I asked Al Garcia ( RIP) how many miles he had on his car. He said about 500,000. That was based on a daily commute of 100 miles a commute for 20 years.
Hard to top that.
Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.