Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad-Anyone in So-Cal Running one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_teener
Anyone local in So-Cal that is running one on the -4 teener.

I am running a Bursch now and I like the way the Triad look.

I'd like to ride in one to see just how loud they are.....beer and lunch in the offing for a ride.

Rob
jim_hoyland
I drove Greenie's -4 with the triad back at the Issaquah WCR. I surprised that is was not much louder inside the car that a Bursh.

Can't remember seeing any Triads in S Cal.
914_teener
Thanks Jim....

I can't say I have even seen one down here on anyone's car.
campbellcj
I have a -6 Triad "quiet version" that I may install for Laguna Seca next weekend. I have not used it much as I normally run open megaphones, but it does sound good and is not nearly as loud as my M&K "R" sport muffler or the Dansk 2in/2out sport muffler I used to have.
TJB/914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 20 2014, 12:39 PM) *

I'd like to ride in one to see just how loud they are.....beer and lunch in the offing for a ride.

Rob

914=teener
I just installed a Triad Muffler and really like the sound. I had a Bursch muffler & didn't like the low idle sound when cruising through town. Other wise about the same sound under acceleration. The issue with the Triad, now I have to modify my lower valance with another dual muffler outlet. hissyfit.gif
Tom

campbellcj
That looks nice with the ceramic coating and chrome bumpers! My triad is stock black paint and my bumpers are black too.
914_teener
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Jun 21 2014, 02:18 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 20 2014, 12:39 PM) *

Rob

914=teener
I just installed a Triad Muffler and really like the sound. I had a Bursch muffler & didn't like the low idle sound when cruising through town. Other wise about the same sound under acceleration. The issue with the Triad, now I have to modify my lower valance with another dual muffler outlet. hissyfit.gif
Tom

Thanks Tom....man that looks cool. Did you get the "quiet package" that Chris alludes to?

I don't have a problem modifying the valance as my metal skills are pretty good.

You confirm what others have said...they are about the same as the Bursch.
jim_hoyland
Some Triads don't require modifying the valance. The driver side exhaust uses the existing pathway, the passenger side exhaust points down toward the ground. IIRC Greenies was set up that way

*corrected
steuspeed
Triad Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBf1cpu2A2k
steuspeed
Did you have that ceramic coated by Triad or???? How much extra?
TJB/914
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Jun 21 2014, 09:06 PM) *

Did you have that ceramic coated by Triad or???? How much extra?

steuspeed.
I had it ceramic coated by a friend at his cost of $215.00, normally it would be somewhere btwn. $250.00 to $300.00
I didn't purchase direct from Triad & would have custom ordered the passenger side outlet below the valance. I purchased mine second hand locally & have over $500 bucks into it. The price of "cool" is expensive. happy11.gif Ask Eric. stirthepot.gif
Tom
jim_hoyland

The price of "cool" is expensive. happy11.gif Ask Eric. stirthepot.gif
Tom

Like the rear fog light ? biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
i like the 'bad boy' look sans valance. good ones are becoming rarer and rarer. shame to cut up a nice one. look for a less than premium one for surgery.
914_teener
Good advice Kevin.....I too have some reservations about cutting into my valance...

I was wondering also if anybody had a picture of one with the turned down exhaust with the valance still on?

Thanks All.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 22 2014, 11:02 AM) *

Good advice Kevin.....I too have some reservations about cutting into my valance...

I was wondering also if anybody had a picture of one with the turned down exhaust with the valance still on?

Thanks All.

There is a pic of Greenies triad See: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...69&hl=triad
championgt1
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 22 2014, 11:02 AM) *

Thanks All.

Click to view attachment
euro911
Geez Rob, you should have hit me up before I sold mine ...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
TJB/914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 22 2014, 02:02 PM) *

Thanks All.

Too late guys, I am never coming back. I did save the sheet metal I cut out, you never know if a 6 is in my future?? rolleyes.gif Hey. Pete Stout went 6-cyl. stirthepot.gif
I like the valance look better with the passenger side cut out.popcorn[1].gif
BTW: Triad sounds great, real throaty sound and a little deeper than Bursch.
Tom
914_teener
Thanks for the pictures guys.

Looks like if you had the 1.7 HE's it would tuck the glass pack up a little past the valance view line.

Mark....I didn't know you had one...why'd you sell it?

euro911
If you have 1.7/1.8L HEs, you'd need to get the Triad designed for them. They're not interchangeable with 2.0 HEs.

It was too loud for me, even with my hearing loss. The banana quieted it down much better.
LINGO
I dealt directly with Dave at Triad and he was top class to work with. He answered all my questions and his suggestions made the process easy. He suggested the Chrome tips and welded them on. Delivery was perfect. When I climbed under the car to install it everything was spot on and a perfect fit. I've had numerous people walk up to me in parking lots asking about the car in general and how much they liked the low growl. "Bad Ass" is how my nephew and his friends described it. I installed it 3 weeks ago. Still deciding what to do about my valance. Cut the original or search for a replacement.Click to view attachment
campbellcj
Minor hijack - I have a new fiberglass valence I'll never use, in case anyone in SoCal is looking for one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.