Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meaningful aid for Sri Lankans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
This is yer Cap'n speaking .........................I have a close friend who is "on the ground" in Sri Lanka. Gordon Bleck is a gemologist who has lived there half the time for over 25 years. He is on a mission to deliver MEANINGFUL aid to the people who really need it, the fisherman and their families along the coast. He is NOT a registered charity, and any donations are NOT tax deductible. He says the majority of aid already delivered there hasn't filtered down, and the cash that has gone to the government has been mostly spent on planning how to spend further aid. If anyone here wants to make a donation that will really count, go to www.bluefirelanka.com and take a look around.
I have NO financial interest in this effort, but I can attest to the dedication and honesty of the effort. No amount is too small ........................ Thanks for reading this. Directions for sending funds are on the website. The Cap'n
Mueller
thanks John....

any idea what it cost to wire transfer?
Cap'n Krusty
Dunno, Mike. Gonna go by the bank this afternoon, and I'll ask. Mail would probably work OK, too. More later! The Cap'n
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 18 2005, 09:25 PM)
any idea what it cost to wire transfer?

dunno on wire transfer down there but to send $500 to germany, they charge me $30 at my bank ...

IPB Image Andy
markb
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.