Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dunkel Bros. Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
(This might have been posted or discussed earlier.) I got a message today from the local PCA guy and it said the Dunkel Bros. swap will be on Feb 6th at a new location. It will be held at the Long Beach Veterans Stadium parking lot. I've been to other swap meets there and it is a great location for one. It will be called "Los Angeles All European Swap Meet" and will include any car made in Europe.
The web sight is laalleuro.com
Cheers, Elliot
bondo
Is this a replacemnt for the porsche one or in addition to? (seems to be a different time of year) I hope the porshe only one isn't gone forever (sure, call me a snob)
Elliot_Cannon
I don't remember the exact wording and didn't save the message but I think it is a replacement for the Porsche only event. They did mention that it would be as good as the Dunkel one but without all the Dunkel goodies. (Museum etc.)
Cheers, Elliot
skline
Here is the Email that I got from the PCA rep.

Subject: OC Register article today about the Dunkels'

Look for the article in today's Register about the impending move of the Dunkels' facility.

You can also go to www.ocregister.com and do a search for "Dunkel"

Thanks to Laura at Hergesheimer's for the tip.

Cheers

Pete

FYI, the annual show, minus the Dunkels' goodies, has moved to Long Beach on Sunday, February 6th. It is now called the LA All-Euro Swap Meet and Car Sale. www.laalleuro.com

OCR will have a corral at the event. More info on our participation to follow.
mightyohm
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
bondo
Ok, that's just wrong.. they list a bunch of european makes.. including DeTomaso.. But they also have Pantera... but they misspelled it "Pantara"! IPB Image
Mike D.
This event is being organized by the same guy who put on the German Auto Fest in Ventura each fall. (the one where the speedsters got killed by the train). It is the replacement for the Dunkle meet however, like the German Auto Fest, it is NOT a free event like the Dunkle meets in the past. I believe it does have the "OK" from the 356 Registry, so there will be mostly Porsche stuff, unless some of the other car clubs have jumped on board.

I will be there looking for parts so I hope the Porsche folks come out sell.. IPB Image
markb
The Cap'n & I will be loadin' up the Vanagen & Thunderbus & headin' down for this one. Any requests for parts?
grantsfo
No more race cars hoisted up in the trees?

IPB Image

here is link for all euro: http://www.laalleuro.com/
skline
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Jan 18 2005, 10:31 PM)
This event is being organized by the same guy who put on the German Auto Fest in Ventura each fall. (the one where the speedsters got killed by the train). It is the replacement for the Dunkle meet however, like the German Auto Fest, it is NOT a free event like the Dunkle meets in the past. I believe it does have the "OK" from the 356 Registry, so there will be mostly Porsche stuff, unless some of the other car clubs have jumped on board.

I will be there looking for parts so I hope the Porsche folks come out sell.. IPB Image

You mention that Dunkles was a free event, I went the last 3 years and it was a mandatory $10.00 donation at the front entrance if I remember correctly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.