Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheel fitment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
habeeb
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:51 am Post subject: wheel fitment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it has already been discussed but I am new to the 914 forum. Just bought 2 914 projects so you will probably hear ALOT from me.....

First question is what is the biggest wheel and tire combo you can go on stock fenders? I have a set of 6" and 7" Porsche wheels (cookie cutters) mounted on 195/60's and 135's. I would like to use them since I have them........

Next question is how do you lower the car. I havent got them ripped apart yet so I dont have a clue. I might only want to drop the front down an inch or so and thats about it.............

Next ......I would like to know where I can get some catalogs. I have been researching and found AutoAtlanta but no others.........
Bruce Allert
Welcome Habeeb. Many here run the stock or after market Fuchs. They are a 15" x 5.5 wheel with anywhere from 185's to 205/50/15's. some still run the stock 165/60/15's. As for the 6 & 7" wheels I'm thinking you're going to need to do some flaring (but not sure on that one).

Lowering the rear you'll need to get some shocks with adjustable spring perches. As for the front there are adjustments that can be turned a little at a time for the desired ride heigth. Pick up a 914 Haynes Manual at a local Import parts house. It will show where the adjustments are.

Pelican is a great place for parts www.pelicanparts.com

Have fun with the 2 new adventures IPB Image

....b
Trekkor
welcome, please keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times...

Use the search feature at the top of the page.

You will find some good write ups and lots o' pics. IPB Image

KT
v82go
Hi
I have 7x15 front and rear on mine with no clearance problems.
brant
Welcome,

is your car a 5 bolt?
a lot of people stick with the 4 bolts in the above mentioned 5.5 size...

but if you do the 5 bolt conversion, then a 6inch cookie will fit.

usually 7 inch cookies only fit with heavy massaging and a repaint of the fenders.

welcome again
habeeb
If a little messaging is needed I think that will work for me. This bucket will definately need repainting anyways.

Thanks for the welcome.......Ive been on VW forums so long I think this will be a nice project change up.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.