Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Pillow Kit-Maggie Smith
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
I scored an un-made 914 pillow kit from Maggie Smith. She designed car pillow kits in 1977, 911, BMWs, etc. 914 had a handful of colors.

This one is ready to be sewn, includes the extensive instructions booklet.

All is there but bag is unsealed.

I see these kits have gone for up to $250 sewn and finished. i would guess a kit like this would be worth more. Wishful thinking?

Any input on this would be appreciated. If I can determine a value I would like to sell it to someone here vs. evil bay.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
You should document it REALLY well, I mean like scan all the pieces of fabric on a scanner and take measurements and pics...

Then post it after you sell it smile.gif
bulitt
Don't have a clue what it's worth, but it doesn't get any easier than sewing pillows.
My wife makes them all the time. Basically lay the fabric onto of each other inside out. Run a stitch with a machine around the perimeter except one corner. Pull the fabric right way out.Stuff it and hand sew the remaining several inches, or sew on a zipper. Like 5 minutes worth of work by a tailor?
sixnotfour
that's the first generation , the best ones , they got mass produced and lost some definition..

Great Find....I have yellow and green.... beerchug.gif
also a speedster kit

what wheel centers does this one have ?? 4 lug or 5

answer..it comes with both...

7TPorsh
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 23 2014, 10:33 AM) *

that's the first generation , the best ones , they got mass produced and lost some definition..

Great Find....I have yellow and green.... beerchug.gif
also a speedster kit

what wheel centers does this one have ?? 4 lug or 5

answer..it comes with both...

Have to pull out all the pieces and look.

Even thinking of reproducing them but copyright issues I am sure. Have a friend in the garment biz...would be easy.

Don't really want to sew it. Thinking it may be worth more to someone in the kit form rather than stuffed.
7TPorsh
actually I think it has the 4 both Fuchs
sixnotfour
flag.gif
poorsche914
A partially built "project" sold a couple years ago for $30.

Here is the ad

driving.gif
JmuRiz
I used to have a black/gold trans-am when I was little. I think it'd be fun to have a 914 with 5-bolts.
7TPorsh
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 23 2014, 12:32 PM) *

A partially built "project" sold a couple years ago for $30.

Here is the ad

driving.gif

That's interesting the copyright issue came up before. Looks like there is some demand.
Maltese Falcon
Never got the teener, only the 320i and 911Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
The Rothmans rennwagen driving.gif Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
I believe those were actually made by Margie Smith-Haas. Who, as you may notice, started her racing career in a 914-4.

Da Wife and I attended a seminar she gave at the San Diego Parade a few years back; she mentioned doing the pillows as well as running the 914. She really liked the 914, BTW.

--DD
JeffBowlsby
This should be sold only to Dave Darling or Rob Ways...they have Olympic Blue cars.... wink.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 23 2014, 10:29 AM) *

You should document it REALLY well, I mean like scan all the pieces of fabric on a scanner and take measurements and pics...

Then post it after you sell it smile.gif

Im serious about this though... Its your duty smile.gif

We can easily get fabric printed and probably have a group buy. You can get custom fabric printed by the yard for ~ $30..
sean_v8_914
she still has a blue six here in SD
SKL1
Still have a Speedster and a 914- if she's still around, why doesn't she or someone still sell them. I'd think they'd sell pretty well... we're all crazy enough to buy them!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.