Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Refurbished OEM Bumper Guards
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
saigon71
$60 OBO plus shipping of your choice for the pair.

After backdating my bumpers, I ended up with a decent set of OEM bumper guards from a 74 front bumper.

Click to view attachment

I took some time to clean them up. All surface rust was cleaned with a wire wheel, treated with ospho and hit with two coats of Rustoleum semi-gloss black. Areas on the back, where the rubber was pulling away from the studs were treated, painted and sealed with clear flexible adhesive.

There is some pitting on the brackets from surface rust. I snapped a photo of the worst area.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
saigon71
icon_bump.gif
orthobiz
Guess I didn't know there were brackets for the front bumperettes! They go behind the bumper to reinforce it?

Paul
bdstone914
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 28 2014, 01:27 PM) *

Guess I didn't know there were brackets for the front bumperettes! They go behind the bumper to reinforce it?

Paul

Yes they go on the back side of the bumper so you can dent the nose panel when you hit the bumper guard. Best left off.
orthobiz
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 28 2014, 06:04 PM) *

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 28 2014, 01:27 PM) *

Paul

Yes they go on the back side of the bumper so you can dent the nose panel when you hit the bumper guard. Best left off.

Thanks, ignorance really is bliss!

Paul
RenoRoger
Would these bumper guards fit the rear bumper of a 1973. Only the 1974 had bumper guards in the rear.
saigon71
QUOTE(RenoRoger @ Jun 29 2014, 02:34 AM) *

Would these bumper guards fit the rear bumper of a 1973. Only the 1974 had bumper guards in the rear.

They will bolt up, but the OEM rears are a little longer than the front.
saigon71
icon_bump.gif

Price dropped to $50 OBO.
funk
would they fit a 76 front bumper? and how would you mount them if not with the brackets?
Mikey914
They are different. the 76 had mini bumpers with longer studs as there is a large steel substructure. These will not work on a 76. Not at least without getting creative.
angerosa
Hey nice job on the refurb! They would look too nice for my bumper.
RenoRoger
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Jul 4 2014, 06:46 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

Please advise status. Are they still available? I sent you a couple of emails advising you that PayPal refused to processs my transfer request on 4 different occasions.

If still available, I still want them but we have to make different payment arrangements.

RenoRoger
775-747-2019
saigon71
QUOTE(RenoRoger @ Jul 13 2014, 02:05 AM) *

QUOTE(saigon71 @ Jul 4 2014, 06:46 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

Please advise status. Are they still available? I sent you a couple of emails advising you that PayPal refused to processs my transfer request on 4 different occasions.

If still available, I still want them but we have to make different payment arrangements.

RenoRoger
775-747-2019

Roger:

They are yours.

I rarely check my email associated with my paypal account. Just checked, saw the messages and replied.

saigon71
Sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.