Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
-JR-
I've been looking through the parts catalog and they show two door seals in the A-post --> thresh hold plate --> B post area of the door.

I don't see any seal on the door it's self of my car but I do see a channel that a seal "could" fit into.

I also have a seal on the body but it's in two pieces and I suspect that's because it's worn out.

So I'm wondering if there is only suppose to be one seal on the body and one on the door it's self?

Thanks!

-JR-
Rusty
Yep, there's one that goes into that channel.

Technically, there are at least four different seals on the door, plus the one in the doorjam: two on the door handle, the squeegie-seal against the window, and the seal that fits into the inside channel.

I know there are good repros for the one in the doorjam. I got a set off of evilBay a few years ago, and they've held up great.

-Lawrence
rhodyguy
when you order get a new fuzzy strip that slips on the lip on the inside top of the door. for the full monty, get new felt strips for the 2 verticle channels on the front and rear of the windows.

k
Dave-O
If you're poor or cheap (i'm both) you should take a look at what i did. I replaced my inner seal with a Freighliner truck seal. Here is the link.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...4796&hl=seal&s=

David
-JR-
Thanks rhodyguy. I would order the set if I needed it. Haha..

But all the other seals on the car are MINT! I think someone caught their foot on the sill plate seal and tore it up and they paint shop stripped off the door seal when they painted and then never stuck it back on.

Sweet feedback there Dave-O. I will certainly be giving the local trucking Co a call.

James
-JR-
SWEET! Just called Freightliner and they are sending me 15' of that weatherstrip for $44 canadian!

Which is like $12 usd ha ha....

So I should have enough to do both sides of the car.

James
Dave-O
Good to hear! I'm glad someone is getting use out of my info. I don't think you will be dissapointed.

David
Ray Warren
"Thank you to whoever posted the part # for the freightliner weather stripping that replaces the inner door seals."

Your welcome.
(Freightliner parts manager)
Dave-O
QUOTE (Ray Warren @ Jan 19 2005, 07:45 PM)
"Thank you to whoever posted the part # for the freightliner weather stripping that replaces the inner door seals."

Your welcome.
(Freightliner parts manager)

Thank you, i forgot who posted it. Credit where credit is due!

David
boxstr
JP the weather strip on the body is weather strip materail that I have at CAMP 914 and would have been happy to supply in exchange for ????
CCLINMASTERTRADER
zonedoubt
I went the Freightliner route as well for the inner door seals. CDN$40 at the dealer in Mississauga, ON. Plus they're open 24 hours!

I installed the seals today and they fit perfectly. Thanks for the tip!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.