Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 racer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
fp racer
I am qualified for the scca runoffs at laguna. This video was a race this year. I need to find 4 seconds a lap if I want to run up front. I still need to work out the jetting on my Solex carbs

http://youtu.be/JxBHjtvolko

puffinator
QUOTE(fp racer @ Jun 24 2014, 12:02 AM) *

I am qualified for the scca runoffs at laguna. This video was a race this year. I need to find 4 seconds a lap if I want to run up front. I still need to work out the jetting on my Solex carbs

Awesome video. good luck
ww914
QUOTE(fp racer @ Jun 23 2014, 09:02 PM) *

Sounds pretty strong going up the hill. Hang in there.
ThePaintedMan
You are Albert, correct?

Sounds good man. You're definitely giving them hell. I saw a couple areas where it looks like you're turning in early then stabbing the gas to get the car to turn. I bet a few more laps under your belt would help with confidence turning in later and holding momentum through the turns, but you probably already know that stuff.

What's going on with the Solexes?
Randal

Which Solexes are your running?

Greg McNair might be a good guy to call. He heading to the Cascade Lakes Hill Climb this week, but will be back next.
fp racer

The carbs are P40s. In that video they were running really rich off the bottom. We tried different jets. Every time we change the main jet we have to change air corrector jet. My racing line is different because I am driving around the carb problem.
jmill
Excellent vid. Thanks for sharing.

I'm a Weber guy but the Solex design has emulsion tubes and A/C jets similar to the Weber. Are emulsion tubes available that will give you low velocity mixture weakening (similar to the Weber F11)? You'd still have to change the A/C jet to adjust the high velocity mixture.
Seabird
Have you done anything to the stock shift linkage? Besides freshen up the bushings? I know from my own car missing a shift or struggling to find third throws me off my rhythm. Looks like you are having difficulties there too.

It wont amount to 4 secs a lap but it will certainly get you smoother and more confident.

Miguel
Heater Guy
Al,
Where have you been?
Haven't seen you at the SCCA races. Will you make the next one in Sept.?
Give me a call.
fp racer
QUOTE(Heater Guy @ Jul 8 2014, 10:36 AM) *

Al,
Where have you been?
Haven't seen you at the SCCA races. Will you make the next one in Sept.?
Give me a call.

I haven't been to the regional races because I was racing the nationals. I'm all quailed now. I should be at the September race. How is your car running ? You get that trans all patched up?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.