Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weld thru primer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Making some metal patches for the rust bucket which need to be welded on .Where can I buy the weld thru primer to spray on both sides before welding since one side can't sprayed later.Thanks
Rusty
3M makes a nice zinc weld through primer that you can buy at most auto body stores. I've bought it at local auto parts stores sometimes, too.

-Lawrence
vortrex
yeah I used this 3M and worked good. I got it at an autobody supply store.
spunone
Thanks Auto body supply it is IPB Image
914GT
If you can't find it anywhere else locally, FinishMaster will have it for sure. There are several in the LA area.
spunone
Better yet Thanks
airsix
I use the 3M as well. Don't give up if the first shop you go to doesn't cary it. I went to at least 4 autobody/paint supply stores before I found "weld-through primer". The first shops didn't even know what I was talking about. The fourth shop had 4 different types. IPB Image Bet you can guess where I'm going next time.

-Ben M.
DJsRepS
I read this thread too late had no primer before the repair. I did grind and clean and prime with self etching primer from auto paint supplyer. Never heard of weldthrough primer learn sumptin new every day on this club. I did use Galv metal I know it burns off easy near the welded area but the middle galv is intact.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.