Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Blank front Headlight Plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I found some BLANK NOS 914-6 headlight plates at Aase Sales.com for those who need some. It does not say how many they have but they want $150 each.
Mike Bellis
What's a headlight plate? confused24.gif
GeorgeRud
I believe he's referring to the embossed ID plate that's riveted to the right headlight area inside the trunk.
914Sixer
George is correct. I was not clear in my description.
Daiberl
I checked with them since I could use a nicer one but they try to charge $65 shipping and handling from Ohio to Seattle, seems a bit high sad.gif
GeorgeRud
Considering it would fit in a normal business size envelope, I'd agree!
914Sixer
I think a new bunch took over. I am pretty sure Dave Aase passed on last year. I agree 100% that $65 is a bend over and smile.
Daiberl
I pinged them and they will adjust to around $15, seems to be a fair price so once adjusted I will order one.
Mblizzard
Just started dealing with them recently. They have agreed to sponsor Okteenerfest. Been dealing with Ron Thomas - President and he seems to be a stand up guy. Sometimes things get a little confused for everyone. Sounds like the did the right thing.
rgalla9146
Does the cost include stamping in your VIN ?
If not, can they direct us to someone who can ?
The font is very small.
Are they available for both 914 and 914 6 ?
scotty b
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 26 2014, 04:15 AM) *

Does the cost include stamping in your VIN ?
If not, can they direct us to someone who can ?
The font is very small.
Are they available for both 914 and 914 6 ?

I can almost guarantee they will not stamp the VIN. That is going to be a big no no for a business. The other problem you're going to find with blank plates, is the CORRECT stamps are not available anywhere I have been able to find, and if you use the normal off the shelf metal stamps your car WILL stand out as being a forgery. I have a couple people looking for the proper stamps for over a year with no luck. I have been doing quite a bit of research on this subject for a 73-S I have that is missing the riveted plate, and another car with a strange VIN issue. Confirmed not stolen, but it was grey market car in the late 70's that I am trying to sort out. Buy the plate put it on and leave it blank IMHO. Much easier to explain a blank plate than one with improper markings
Aase
Unfortunately the predecessor who dealt with the computer side of things put exorbitant weights for nearly everything which caused the weight-based calculation system for shipping to sky-rocket. We are working on correcting all of the weight values but there is still some we may have missed, although we're always happy to help correct your problem.

Engraving is an extra $25.00 and is done locally. We currently do not have any blank 914-4 plates although we are looking into getting some.

Edit: In regards to engraving entailing some kind of legal violation:

Some customers express concern that reproducing VIN decals is not lawful (compliance decal, door jam sticker). A car’s identity is made of several parts- documents and matching serial numbers found in many places on the car . The VIN decal is one part of a vehicles identity and is not illegal to be replaced with an exact copy of the decal. However, it is illegal to change the identity of one vehicle to that of another vehicle and it is illegal to change a vehicle’s engine numbers, stamped body numbers, documents,VIN decal etc. to commit fraud.

Aase Sales is not responsible for the misuse of our products and we will immediately report to the proper authorities all information regarding persons attempting to commit vehicle identity fraud.

Engraving is not done with a stamping machine, but rather an engraving methodology. Any differences between factory originals and our engraved plates are solely due to the processes used to engrave the plate. Returns on engraved plates are not accepted.
laflaur
Aase,
Do you have a picture comparison of factory stamped and the engraving method?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 24 2014, 09:19 PM) *

IPB Image
rgalla9146
Not currently available for 914 4; are 914 6 available ?
Are they the same as 911 ?
A comparison picture of original vs. engraved would be helpful.
Can the engraving include the star before and after the VIN ?
Thank you
SirAndy
QUOTE(Aase @ Jun 26 2014, 06:57 AM) *
We are working on correcting all of the weight values but there is still some we may have missed, although we're always happy to help correct your problem.

welcome.png
Aase
QUOTE(laflaur @ Jun 26 2014, 07:49 AM) *

Aase,
Do you have a picture comparison of factory stamped and the engraving method?

Yes, here is a close up example. The top is the factory original while the bottom is our methodology. Obviously you won't be able to replicate the factory's methodology without reverse stamp engineering.

IPB Image

Edit: I would show an example of a 914/6 engraving but we haven't had anyone request one yet! Thanks for the warm welcome Andy.
rgalla9146
Hello Ron
Sorry for failing to say" Welcome to 914 World"
I've never said it before..... I still consider myself a newcomer.
I met Dave Aase the last year that he set up at Hershey .
I spoke to you briefly this year.
Once again, Welcome !
Rory
Aase
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 26 2014, 10:52 AM) *

Hello Ron
Sorry for failing to say" Welcome to 914 World"
I've never said it before..... I still consider myself a newcomer.
I met Dave Aase the last year that he set up at Hershey .
I spoke to you briefly this year.
Once again, Welcome !
Rory

Thanks for the warm welcome. Dave was a stand-up guy I'm glad you had the chance to meet him.

If you're around Ohio near the end of July we're holding our 10th annual casual Porsche party, and it is always a great event. More information here P2O Casual Porsche Party
Cairo94507
Shoot, that looks pretty nice to me and if your car is missing that plate or it is damaged, seems like a nice way to go. And.... welcome.png
Cairo94507
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 26 2014, 10:27 AM) *

IPB Image

Hey that car was the second in line after my Six! Sweet!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 26 2014, 01:19 PM) *

And *exactly* 1 year in line after my six!
smile.gif
Towarish
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 26 2014, 12:19 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 26 2014, 10:27 AM) *

IPB Image

Does that mean you own 914 143 0373 ??
which is a real factory GT ( M-471 ) !!

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(Towarish @ Jun 28 2014, 02:22 PM) *

Does that mean you own 914 143 0373 ??

No, second in line means he owns #0372 ...
smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Would it be possible to offer a group buy when the 914-4 plates become available ? It is probably one of the most abused parts I have... sad.gif

A new one would really make a huge improvement... smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif And selling a bunch would make for some nice $$$
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.