Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there any way to get rid of this Nike shoe Asshat?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
Well?

spam.gif

Is there any way to prevent this asshole from creating a new screen name every week?
shoguneagle
I agree with Mike. I am just getting tired of receiving those adds when I am looking for good 914 reading and experience material. It looks like they came over from 914club.com from what I can tell and noting the remembered history.

Please do something about it.

Steve
SirAndy
Step one would be to let an admin know. Starting posts doesn't get anyone's attention until they actually look.

A PM with a link to a thread/post would be much more helpful ...
rolleyes.gif
Elliot Cannon
I just ignore him. Not a problem. biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
I'd like to know what kind of moron would buy shoes over the internet? confused24.gif
I mean I have a hard enough time finding a pair to fit me right when trying them on in a store WTF.gif
Mike Bellis
I was thinking more globally. Is there any security script that can prevent dip shits like this guy from creating new user names every week? Clearly it's the same guy over and over.
campbellcj
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 25 2014, 01:04 PM) *

I'd like to know what kind of moron would buy shoes over the internet? confused24.gif
I mean I have a hard enough time finding a pair to fit me right when trying them on in a store WTF.gif

LOL, I do. Only recall returning one pair in many years. I have standard sized feet I guess.

But I don't want to encourage the spamming bastard...
Mikey914
Why not organize a boycott? Drop Nike some email stating that due to their marketing technique Porsche 914 owners will NOT be purchasing ANY Nike products due to the method of marketing they have chosen.

I know they are just looking for ranking, but if they start alienating customers, maybe the problem will no longer be funded.
Anyone have a marketing email address for Nike?
mgp4591
popcorn[1].gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 25 2014, 09:42 PM) *

I was thinking more globally. Is there any security script that can prevent dip shits like this guy from creating new user names every week? Clearly it's the same guy over and over.

He's using new, disposable email addresses every time and rotates his IP.

There's no way of tracking someone that doesn't want to be tracked (and knows what they're doing) ...
shades.gif
bulitt
I agree with Elliot, doesn't bother me. However I wonder if you could set up a rule that requires 10 posts before starting a new thread? or would they simply work around that also?
balljoint
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 25 2014, 04:04 PM) *

But once you have "L" and "R" written on the inside of the tongues they fit right every time! thumb3d.gif
stugray
While we are off topic:

I mean I have a hard enough time finding a pair to fit me right when trying them on in a store

Have shoe sizes changed recently?
I have always worn 8-1/2, and the last two pair of shoes are too big for me.
Do your feet shrink as you age (I am only 46)?
7TPorsh
Can we lock down his IP address? IPs are in 4 tiers: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx

He probably only can change the 4th, maybe the 3rd tier. Can we lock at the 3rd tier so if he changes the last numbers he is still locked out.

We use this method at the bank for locking out specific IP generators.
bulitt
QUOTE(stugray @ Jun 26 2014, 11:02 AM) *

While we are off topic:

I mean I have a hard enough time finding a pair to fit me right when trying them on in a store

Have shoe sizes changed recently?
I have always worn 8-1/2, and the last two pair of shoes are too big for me.
Do your feet shrink as you age (I am only 46)?

They want people to think they are svelte, slim, with tiny feet. In Womens clothing a size today is comparatively larger to the same size 25 years ago.
So I hear.
From my Wife.
And I'm not arguing.... smash.gif
Cuda911
I'd like to know what kind of moron would buy shoes over the internet?

Me!!!! smile.gif I tend to stick to the same type of sneakers, so I know exactly what I want and can get 'em on the net for half the price in the store. I always buy them on EBay.

But, I agree, this shoe-bomber guy reeks. Can't stand ad spammers of any type.

On another site, there is a "report" button that appears under the avatar of every post. So, it's easy to report spammers quickly and get them removed.
SirAndy
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jun 26 2014, 08:34 AM) *
Can we lock down his IP address? IPs are in 4 tiers: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx

He probably only can change the 4th, maybe the 3rd tier. Can we lock at the 3rd tier so if he changes the last numbers he is still locked out.

We can and sometimes do block by IP.

But you have to be careful with that, many ISPs use rotating allocation for their clients and blocking a whole range can mean that you will block many, many legit users.

Plus, it's so damn simple to spoof your source IP anyways ...
dry.gif
Eric_Shea
Did you guys call? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 26 2014, 10:33 PM) *

Did you guys call? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Sun glasses, hand bag and shoes. All bought on the internet. av-943.gif
swooshdave
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 25 2014, 10:29 PM) *

Why not organize a boycott? Drop Nike some email stating that due to their marketing technique Porsche 914 owners will NOT be purchasing ANY Nike products due to the method of marketing they have chosen.

I know they are just looking for ranking, but if they start alienating customers, maybe the problem will no longer be funded.
Anyone have a marketing email address for Nike?

I don't know why you think this has anything to do with Nike. This is not one of their customers selling these. blink.gif

My best guess is counterfeit goods. Much like Disney or another major brand, counterfeit goods are a huge problem.

I can report them but much like spam emailer they are not easy to chase down.

It would really help if you 914 owners stopped buying fake shoes from him. av-943.gif
Mike Bellis
Now he's posting in foreign languages. WTF.gif

How about new users required to be approved by the web master (Sir Andy)?

Require new users to answer some simple 914 questions? Perhaps it could make it harder to spam here?
SirAndy
Post a link to a spam thread here or send me a PM (like i asked to in the first place) or it didn't happen.

Simple as that. None of the admins has time to read each and every post on this forum.
You find something to report, REPORT it to an admin.

Why do i have to ask for this each and every time again and again?
confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 27 2014, 10:31 PM) *

Post a link to a spam thread here or send me a PM (like i asked to in the first place) or it didn't happen.

Simple as that. None of the admins has time to read each and every post on this forum.
You find something to report, REPORT it to an admin.

Why do i have to ask for this each and every time again and again?
confused24.gif

Because i'm annoying... biggrin.gif
Cuda911
And, because relative newbies like myself didn't even know who to report the shoe-bomber to.
swooshdave
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jun 27 2014, 11:27 PM) *

And, because relative newbies like myself didn't even know who to report the shoe-bomber to.

Some forum software has a report button on each post. It sends a message to the admins.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(swooshdave @ Jun 27 2014, 11:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jun 27 2014, 11:27 PM) *

Some forum software has a report button on each post. It sends a message to the admins.

If you look at the bottom of any page, the admin screen names are in blue colored font. Click on on and it's easy to send a message. Sir Andy is the web master and certified (or certifiable) computer hacker. He would be the best to get rid of these spammers and block the user access.
swooshdave
It's been an interesting exercise to figure out just who to report this to. We... er, Nike has bother internet and counterfeiting groups, in addition to people who manage real accounts.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.