Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Member, New -6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Socalandy
Got a PM from a new member and next thing I know... Went over to assess the car and offer some direction. Going to help him drop the engine so he can get the car to Kent. Crazy evening, two more factory sixes are withing a two block radius with pics to come
Socalandy
Great guy and I will let him introduce himself when he's ready. So many parallels to my journey. He's waiting for the COA but the engine # and trans are correct aktion035.gif

Say hello to #512 He removed the glass flairs and the green car will donate skins to take it back to narrow body in original Tangerine
Socalandy
Mr. Shea, What rotors are these? not vented but crossed drilled and yes the calipers will be coming your way soon.

Has anyone seen these ripples on the headlight buckets? top edge only, both sides confused24.gif DAPO or factory?
mech986
Hmmm, very interesting and should be an interesting journey.
rick 918-S
Nice start!
CptTripps
I'd say you got yourself a nice project there. Congrats!
porbmw
Hello 512!

Love tangerine.

To your bud, welcome.png
Sleepin
For a second, I thought you bought another one Andy! ohmy.gif
Socalandy
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jun 25 2014, 06:46 AM) *

For a second, I thought you bought another one Andy! ohmy.gif

And I would too!!! But I will get dirty on this one and having some more fun helping him with it biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jun 24 2014, 10:19 PM) *
Say hello to #512

That looks like it could be a real 916 front bumper, not one of them cheap reproductions. Any more pictures of the front?
idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jun 24 2014, 10:23 PM) *
Has anyone seen these ripples on the headlight buckets? top edge only, both sides confused24.gif DAPO or factory?

Probably DAPO trying to hold down the seal by bending the metal over it ...
popcorn[1].gif
monkeyboy

Mr. Shea, What rotors are these? not vented but crossed drilled and yes the calipers will be coming your way soon.

My headlights look like that on my 72. Since the PO's of my car didn't touch much, I'd say factory.
Socalandy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 25 2014, 10:12 AM) *

Say hello to #512

That looks like it could be a real 916 front bumper, not one of them cheap reproductions. Any more pictures of the front?
idea.gif

I'll get some pics of the front and rear bumpers this weekend but here's a picture of a picture as he got it, it has nice metal brackets to attach them front and rear and the rockers are all metal fitted to the flares as well.
I saw the car in person this weekend, it should be in my shop by Sep. I need to finish a couple other projects first. The car is comparable to what Andy's was prior to his restoration but I like bringing them back from the dead. Jim the owner is doing an excellent job of restoring many of the parts and collecting up others that will be needed. Looks like a lot of fun in the future.
Drums66
.......Cool man!.....WELCOME
flag.gif bye1.gif
76-914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 25 2014, 10:14 AM) *

Probably DAPO trying to hold down the seal by bending the metal over it ...
popcorn[1].gif

Not so sure. That area has been fluted with fluting pliers. Very common in aircraft construction when straightening pieces.
Socalandy
the ripples are going in the wrong direction to pinch the seal so I don't think it was to help hold it in place.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 2 2014, 09:00 AM) *

the ripples are going in the wrong direction to pinch the seal so I don't think it was to help hold it in place.

there was an accessory that attached in that location....searching for the info...
stay tuned...great project beerchug.gif
envypete
ANDY WHERE ARE MY 2X VIN DECALS ??? I have emailed you multiple times. I recommend you respond and deal with the situation. I paid you $200 June 2nd and you vanished after last email June 18th saying you were going to send decals? Hopefully there is some mistake on your end and you will deal with this like a gentleman ??? right ?
Cairo94507
If Andy said he will get you the 2 decals, he will. Calm yourself please and beer3.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 27 2014, 08:16 AM) *

If Andy said he will get you the 2 decals, he will. Calm yourself please and beer3.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
Mr.242
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 25 2014, 10:12 AM) *

Say hello to #512

idea.gif

Please tell me it isn't 1512? wacko.gif
envypete
Ya thanks for the advise would be nice if he responded to me and the other dozen people looking for him!
porbmw
QUOTE(envypete @ Jul 28 2014, 01:25 PM) *

Ya thanks for the advise would be nice if he responded to me and the other dozen people looking for him!

Patience, grasshopper. This is a hobby.....and odds are you are on a long journey, if you have a teener.....best not burn bridges. beerchug.gif
Socalandy
my apologies!!!

I had life throw me a big curve ball and had to shuffle my priorities for a period. I have emailed the two customers looking for me and I'm 6 orders from being caught up and back on track.

Thanks
envypete
thank you Andy! appreciate the response
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.