Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Had A Scare! Brakes.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
We ( the PNW) just came out of a mini Ice Age. Now, the Pineapple Express from Hawaii has hit us with temps in the low & mid 60's. Within an hour of its coming upon us I went out to the shop to look at some gauges. I found everything wet. Lens' fogged, water dripping off car along with the windows fogged. Just wetter'n shit!

This morning I start the car & still find water dropplets in the engine bay but it starts ok fine. Warmed it up then started out the drive. Had to stop to wait for a passing car but thae car didn't have any stopping power. The brakes were up but they were so wet I barely got stopped. Thought I was going to put my foot to the floor!

Drove out the drive with my foot on the brakes & after a 100 or so feet all was back to normal.

I don't need an early morning rush like that IPB Image

All'o yous be careful out there with the wet brakes thing.

....b
Root_Werks
IPB Image IPB Image Nothing wakes you up like wet brakes! IPB Image

Yep, even up here in WA I have noticed things are just wet. It has been windy and probably high 50's to low 60's. Really wierd considering last week I saw the teens!
Rhodes71/914
Normaly over here on the east side of the mountains it is dry as a bone. But with this quick warm up we have melting and standing water everywhere. My garage windows were fogged up and my cement garage floor was all damp. I prefer the dry.

Good thing is that it was warm enough to wash the Land Rover in the driveway yesterday, never done that in January. IPB Image

Sean
boxstr
Record breaking temps here in the PDX area. No rain, and maybe a little sunshine today IPB Image IPB Image
Bruse are you still going to WCC
CCLINBANANABELT
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 19 2005, 09:54 AM)

Bruse are you still going to WCC
CCLINBANANABELT

I'm still considering it but if I do I'll fly. Just too far to tow or trailor Punkin with only a week to do it. Way too much driving for my blood!

.....b
boxstr
Check with Geoff maybe you can get seats together. Or maybe rent a car??
CCL
Root_Werks
If my wife and I can make it this year, we would probably have to fly down as she doesn't have the vacation time. IPB Image So that is an option we are looking into.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.