Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaning '75 OEM wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CTDan914
I'd hate to distroy the finish on my wheels.
What do you guys use to clean and restore the look of wheels like these?
They are on my '75 2.0.Click to view attachment
biosurfer1
Do they still have the anodized coating on them? If so then soap and water should suffice. If it's been taking off at sometime, then I used regular metal polish to spruce them up
Krieger
Those look way to shiny for the stock anodized finish. Use Mothers mag and Aluminum Polish.
Forge
I use Mother's Mag Wheel polish, 0000 steel wool and some clean terry cloth rags. It's easier to pull the wheel off and work on a bench, too - better results.

I just scored a set of those exact same wheels to put on my '75 1.8L beerchug.gif - What size lug bolts can I use and where can I find them (shiny too wink.gif There are NONE to be found in my little mountain town...
green914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jun 25 2014, 07:00 PM) *

Those look way to shiny for the stock anodized finish. Use Mothers mag and Aluminum Polish.

agree.gif Look way too shiny for a stock anodized finish.
CTDan914
What kind of wheels are they?
I've had the car for a little over 2 years and cleaned them once because I don't want to mess up the finish.
mgp4591
Those are Fuchs 4 spokers I believe...
mepstein
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jun 26 2014, 07:54 AM) *

Those are Fuchs 4 spokers I believe...

or replicas if they have a chrome finish instead of polished aluminum. There are markings inside the wheel that will tell you what you have.

Look nice!
CTDan914
Thanks, I was wondering what they were.
I'll continue to use just soap and warm water when it comes time to cleaning them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.