Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914/6 spotted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I saw this baby outside a Porsche shop today and stopped to take a closer look. Tried to add it to the database, but I only see a way to add cars that don't belong to me. I understand the car was for sale, but the owner decided to keep it and its come to a shop near me for restoration. They didn't know if the owner had the original engine. Its got a 2.7 in it now and there appeared to be minimal rust. I left a business card, if the car goes for sale again, but I'm thinking the shop owner would make more $ if he get to do the restoration, so my name may never end up in the owner's hands. This is a place I routinely drive by, so I'll keep making visits.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jun 26 2014, 06:17 PM) *

I'll have my '73 restoration running by summer's end... (wish that was true)

BTW, my '71 had a turbo in late '70's, built by a Porsche mechanic friend who held several speed records at Bonneville, many in a Carrera Speedster. Ran pretty well and I actually made to and from Iowa to Road America's Porsche Park several times without blowing up. Did blow it up a year or so later in the early '80's so went back to NA...

That VIN is not in the data base. Open the VIN database page, put in the VIN and all other info you find (chassis #, color code! English #) you add those at a later time too.

To put the picture into the form, go to the pic in your post, right click on pic, select properties, and then copy the location coding; then paste that into the section labeled picture link.

In the description, you could paste a link to your post, add personal notes about the location, owner, etc. it try to include info that future owners of the car might find interesting.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 26 2014, 08:22 PM) *
Open the VIN database page, put in the VIN and all other info you find (chassis #, color code! English #) you add those at a later time too.

To put the picture into the form, go to the pic in your post, right click on pic, select properties, and then copy the location coding; then paste that into the section labeled picture link.

In the description, you could paste a link to your post, add personal notes about the location, owner, etc. it try to include info that future owners of the car might find interesting.

agree.gif

When done, sent me a PM and i will remove you as the owner of the car. By default you will always be set as the owner of any VIN you add to the database.
smile.gif
PanelBilly
Now I understand.
cary
I always wondered how that worked.
I was thinking I was just a dumbass, and was missing something.
jim_hoyland
** Anyone can add cars to the VIN database, you don't have to be the owner., as Sir Andy said, the admins can help.

Another thing you can do is to update a VIN listing with a new entry. Say a car you recently bought was already in the database by a previous owner . You can add a new entry; both will still appear. It then become a historical record..
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 28 2014, 08:54 AM) *
Another thing you can do is to update a VIN listing with a new entry. Say a car you recently bought was already in the database by a previous owner . You can add a new entry; both will still appear. It then become a historical record..

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.