Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 72 Vacuum hose diagram, Heat exchanger torque spec
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914bub
So I've searched and searched online and I can't find an engine vacuum hose diagram for my 72 914, (1.7). If anybody can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

I am also looking for a torque spec for the nuts that attach the heat exchangers to the heads.

Thanks in advance! Bub
type47
QUOTE(914bub @ Jun 26 2014, 08:52 PM) *

... torque spec for the nuts that attach the heat exchangers to the heads.

18 ft-lbs (number I read from Jake awhile ago)
cary
Hose diagram.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_17FI_diag.htm
914bub
QUOTE(cary @ Jun 27 2014, 05:56 AM) *

Thanks. I've got a copy of that particular diagram printed out already but I thought there was a hose or two going to a fuel pressure regulator or ??? that is mounted near the MPS?
cwpeden
QUOTE(914bub @ Jun 27 2014, 12:19 PM) *

QUOTE(cary @ Jun 27 2014, 05:56 AM) *

Thanks. I've got a copy of that particular diagram printed out already but I thought there was a hose or two going to a fuel pressure regulator or ??? that is mounted near the MPS?

Sounds like the decel valve. See here in 2.0L format. http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_20FI_diag.htm

Dave_Darling
The two large hoses to the decel valve may be swapped in that diagram, BTW...

--DD
Cap'n Krusty
Those 2 hoses are of different diameters, IIRC, so there shouldn't be any confusion. Did the '72s even have a decel valve? If so, where was the tap for the small hose? The '72 was a one year only version and had a temperature controlled vacuum switch in the air cleaner for the heat riser. That tap was in the rubber hose between the AAR and the intake plenum.

The Cap'n
JeffBowlsby
The 1972 Service and Training Manual clearly depicts the decel valve as new for 1972.
rhodyguy
agreed on the 18#. torque them down in a few stages, increasing the value, in an X type pattern as to not bind and build in a leak.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 28 2014, 07:09 AM) *

The 1972 Service and Training Manual clearly depicts the decel valve as new for 1972.

OK. The manual has a better memory than I do after 42 years. Where's the vacuum tap for the 3.5 mm hose?

The Cap'n
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 28 2014, 08:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 28 2014, 07:09 AM) *

OK. The manual has a better memory than I do after 42 years. Where's the vacuum tap for the 3.5 mm hose?

The Cap'n

This is the page from the '72 S&T manual...its probably more diagrammatic than anything.
Cap'n Krusty
AHA! That's NOT for a '72, at least the ones sold in CA (and probably the US, too). Note the lack of vacuum plumbing for the thermostatic air cleaner, which was installed ONLY on the '72s. There's a date on the S&T manual. What is it?

The Cap'n
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 28 2014, 09:50 AM) *

AHA! That's NOT for a '72, at least the ones sold in CA (and probably the US, too). Note the lack of vacuum plumbing for the thermostatic air cleaner, which was installed ONLY on the '72s. There's a date on the S&T manual. What is it?

The Cap'n

Here is the whole manual...it has that funky thermostatic thingy in it too...
Cap'n Krusty
It's interesting the diagram for the TAC is the one used for a Type 1. We still don't know where that pesky tap goes. Thinking about it, perhaps the tee is the tap for that, and there's an extra tap in the plenum. Maybe Bruce Stone has one to look at.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.