Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Someone in Vegas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
This is up on ebay,, buick v6 in this teener.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...5&category=6430
aircooledboy
Funny, IPB Image
I was browsing Ebay while on the phone just now, and when I came across this car I thought, "hmmmmm IPB Image , somebody ought to go look at this car. Engine might not have been the best chouce, but this sucker has some really nice parts on it".
SLITS
Buick V6 was a reasonable conversion....lightweight.....and if turboed, can you say "Grand National"?
skline
I heard they vibrate a little. Should have plenty of power though. I could tolerate a little vibration.
Carlitos Way
Nice Bid, Scott!!!

Current bid: US $152.50 (Reserve not met)

High bidder: scott_kline ( 416)
jd74914
[/QUOTE]Funny,
I was browsing Ebay while on the phone just now, and when I came across this car I thought, "hmmmmm , somebody ought to go look at this car. Engine might not have been the best chouce, but this sucker has some really nice parts on it".[/QUOTE]

I just saw the car and came here to see if there was thread on it. Exactly my thoughts.

The whole radiator setup seems good (I've never built one myself though) The cutout in the bumper is very clean, I like it IPB Image

If it is a grand national engine thats sweet.

I like the getty dash IPB Image it really cool, I want one IPB Image
skline
QUOTE (cmolina @ Jan 19 2005, 10:15 AM)
Nice Bid, Scott!!!

Current bid: US $152.50 (Reserve not met)

Hehehehe yup, thats me. But my max bid didnt hit reserve so its not going to be mine. IPB Image
skline
It is not a grand National engine. Nobody would normally asprirate a GN engine. That would be totally stupid.
skline
The reserve was just met, $4k by Mack914, is he a member here?
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 19 2005, 11:27 AM)
Nice Bid, Scott!!!

Current bid:  US $152.50 (Reserve not met)  

Hehehehe yup, thats me. But my max bid didnt hit reserve so its not going to be mine. IPB Image

Shithead, I had the first bid in, but being a CASOB, I wasn't going above $150.

Are you and Howie in collusion now to beat me out on everything........hard stare "remember a running 2.0 w/ recently rebuilt eng & trans"......end of hard stare.
Root_Werks
Dang, already up to $4k. Looks like a nicely done car to me. IPB Image
skline
That Mack914 guy didnt waste any time in bidding, he just hit the reserve on the first shot.
skline
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 19 2005, 10:30 AM)
Nice Bid, Scott!!!

Are you and Howie in collusion now to beat me out on everything........hard stare "remember a running 2.0 w/ recently rebuilt eng & trans"......end of hard stare.

I saw Pappy914 and wasnt sure if it was you or not. Sorry Ron IPB Image
MarkG
What type of front bumper/air dam/grill is that?
SLITS
QUOTE (MarkG @ Jan 19 2005, 12:10 PM)
What type of front bumper/air dam/grill is that?

The bumper is cutout for air intake. The "spoiler" is an LE style with a "rubber chin" behind it to create a low pressure area to exhaust the hot air from the radiator.
brant
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 19 2005, 11:30 AM)
Nice Bid, Scott!!!

I thought you were done buying cars for a short while...

"have enough" I believe were your words.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Jan 19 2005, 10:05 AM)
somebody ought to go look at this car

On behalf of all my brothers and sisters at 914World.com, I accept that responsibility.

I sent an e-mail to the seller and asked if I can come over and check it out. When I do, I will post a full report (with photos). If anybody is a serious potential bidder, let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns.
VegasRacer
I got a reply from the seller.
He said he is going to be out of town so a PPI is not possible. IPB Image
SLITS
QUOTE (brant @ Jan 19 2005, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 19 2005, 11:30 AM)
Nice Bid, Scott!!!

I thought you were done buying cars for a short while...

"have enough" I believe were your words.

I bid because "it was there"......had no intention of ever buying it....I have enough!!! IPB Image
LvSteveH
As luck would have it the car is just down the street from me, I saw it the other day and almost knocked on the door, but my wife was with me and she gave me a look....... you all know that look. I didn't get to check it out at all, but it looked nice. If it's already at $4000 with five days to go, I'm out. So good luck to whoever wants it that much.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.