Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Push/Pull
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I hope I'm calling it the right thing, if you don't do anything for say 30 seconds it will automatically update. This would be nice if you were sitting at work and monitoring the list.

thanks
SirAndy
i personally hate auto-refresh. easy to do, but it gets very annoying after a while. (IMHO) ...

anyone else here who votes for adding this?

Andy
Alexlitov
hitting refresh button works great or hitting F5 works even better.
Gint
Just say NO! to auto-refresh.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please

DON'T. I hate that kind of crap.

Did I make my point?
VegasRacer
I vote NO on the auto-refresh.

But I do have a request/suggestion to make the BBS better and easier to navigate.

Can you make it so all the text of a posting stays in the original page wide format. Everything is fine 'till someone attaches a large photo. After that the text is spread out over an area wider than my screen. Then I have to go back and forth to read the words. It's a hassle. Can this be done without cutting down on the size of the pictures we can attach? Just keep the text message always page wide, but allow attached photos that are bigger.
Brad Roberts
I have a size set in the BBS to not allow pics over a certain size.. the problem is when people post a pic from their own web server.. we cant control the size. I hate it also and "size" them as fast as I can. Part of the real problem is: people dont know how to resize their own pics. We just started a knew thread on "photo editing" hopefully people will learn som useful information from the thread.

I hate scrolling back and forth also..

B
72Signal914
Hey Brad, I'll work on a powerpoint file on "How-To" resize images. Might be hard since I do not know what programs people use. I might make some for differernt programs like photoshop(people who have this prob know how to do it) maybe paint(if you can resize images)
Brad Roberts
Email me the power point..

The problem.. is 90% of the people out there wont have PowerPoint on their computer to "see it".

B
Lawrence
Is there a way to package the PP show with it's own viewer?

Another idea: in PP XP, I can export the slideshow to HTML, for viewing over the web. I'd be happy to post that on my site.

-Rusty
72Signal914
Ok, sounds good, I finished that day that I replied, I have it so people can resize images in Paint, Also I have so it takes up the whole screen, under "Slide Show". It's ALL animated and it runs about 1 mintue long. Easy to follow, make any changes you need to. It's 4.5 Mb, (used screenshots which are .bmp) I can change them to .jpg for size but I think .bmp is clearer on the web (not sure). i'll send it tonight

Rusty do you want me to send it to you also, I don't have a site to run it on
SirAndy
QUOTE(72Signal914 @ Jun 11 2003, 08:06 AM)
but I think .bmp is clearer on the web (not sure).

BMP does not work on the net ...

Andy
seanery
jpg can look every bit as good as bmp with a much smaller file size, it all depends on the type & amount of compression that you use.
72Signal914
Well it looks like i got some work to do
Brad Roberts
I cant wait to see it Mikey..

I put together screen shots of software and hardware installs... I HATE documenting crap... but it has to be done so people understand EXACTLY how to do something.. basically hold their hand.

B
Lawrence
Yeah, send it to me. I'll give it to one of my not-so-stellar troops and see if they can follow your directions.

-Rusty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.