Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electric 914 for sale (not mine)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PThompson509
I saw this listing on the EVDL (electric vehicle discussion list) and thought someone over here might want to take a stab at it. I have NO idea how bad the car is, but if they let the tires go flat, well, I dunno.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4523195827.html

Can someone nearby go take a peek at it? I can help with the electronics (or at least ask the right people).

Cheers, Peter
Mike Bellis
Rip those batteries out and drop in a big block V8... happy11.gif
soltino
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 27 2014, 08:40 PM) *

Rip those batteries out and drop in a big block V8... happy11.gif

Batteries are out already?

tino
swooshdave
So $5k will get you a project 914 in California?
PThompson509
Not sure if that car is worth $5k, at least without looking at it. If they had lead-acid batteries, then rust would be a big issue. Definitely going to need new tires, too. blink.gif

Yeah a big V8 would be cool, as would a big 11" DC motor (hint the DC motor would blow the doors off the V8). happy11.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(PThompson509 @ Jun 29 2014, 03:43 PM) *

Not sure if that car is worth $5k, at least without looking at it. If they had lead-acid batteries, then rust would be a big issue. Definitely going to need new tires, too. blink.gif

Yeah a big V8 would be cool, as would a big 11" DC motor (hint the DC motor would blow the doors off the V8). happy11.gif

Not after the batteries are dead...
PThompson509
QUOTE(bulitt @ Jun 29 2014, 01:15 PM) *

QUOTE(PThompson509 @ Jun 29 2014, 03:43 PM) *

Not after the batteries are dead...

Very true. smile.gif This is an opportunity to put in lithium batteries and blow doors off of the taildraggers. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.