Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to disassemble oil pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cwpeden
Just like it sounds. How do i take it apart?

Should the back be tight. Is the threaded hole in the middle used as a jacking screw?
Markl
I've only take a few apart, but they've all been real snug. I use a bolt in the center as a pry point (carefully, of course).
Mark Henry
6mm bolt in the center, capture the bolt head in a vice and pull real hard on the two "ears" that stick out. It will pop right apart.
cwpeden
thanks
jacksun
hi,

I have not been able to even remove the cover of the oil pump...

concerned about prying and damaging something.

the following image is PRIOR to my removing the engine bar and mounting brackets

tks

randal

Click to view attachment
Cap'n Krusty
Remove the motor mount brackets, then the 4 nuts/washers on the pump itself. Those ears on the pump are for prying. Evenly pry the pump out. Be sure you have a new gasket and oring. The pump comes apart after you've removed it from the engine. BTW, that's NOT the pump cover you see in the picture, it's the pump body.

The Cap'n
Highland
I had to loosen the case parting line fasteners to get the pump out. Trying without loosening the fasteners resulted in broken ears. Ok cause the pump shaft was failed and I had to get a replacement in any case.

After the pump is out and the 4 nuts are off, tapping on a wood block seems to loosen up the whole assembly.
jacksun
thanks for the replies..........I actually figured out something on my own....

I used the ears and two BFSD's and pried it out, back and forth until freeeeeee...

it looked ok inside and I just replaced the gasket and put it back together..

tks again.

randal

now on to the push rod tubes seals.............

my birth day is coming up soon, do birthday people get free parts?

I already have some free jelly beans....

take care all and have fun

McMark
I'll send you a box of free oil pumps. biggrin.gif
jacksun
what is the shipping to 48329??

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.