Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: intermotor condensor any good?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
Well, I guess I'll know soon. dry.gif

I adjusted my points and cleaned things up. I went to sstatically set the timing like usual and my test light was staying on continuously, which I think means my condensor is bad.

I have to be at work in a few hours so I didn't want to make the drive for the Bosch condensor, I ended up with the intermotor unit, which doesn't look promising bit if it doesn't work I can return it, and it has a warranty anyhoo.

Is anybody using this brand? Thoughts?
Spoke
Don't know about that brand of condenser but the light staying on is characteristic of the points closed, not the condenser. The condenser is a capacitor which only affects the electrical response when the points open and close real fast like when the engine is running.
ripper911
Yeah... That makes sense. I just changed out the points and condenser anyways.

The intermotor condensor has a tab on the back side of it which isn't letting it sit flat against the distributor therefore not allowing the cap to seat properly... I guess its time for the dremel, or return it be fore I modify it.
Cap'n Krusty
Bosch points, Bosch condenser. NEVER anything else!

The Cap'n
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 28 2014, 11:35 AM) *

Bosch points, Bosch condenser. NEVER anything else!

The Cap'n

But NOT Bosch wires, right? biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
True.

The Cap'n
stugray
The condenser is a capacitor which only affects the electrical response when the points open and close real fast like when the engine is running.

If the condensor fails "short" (as caps can do) it would look just like the points were always closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.