Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil pressure gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
Good morning 914 World. So I have upgraded my gauge to a triple gauge and I have upgraded my sender on my engine.

So here is the dumb question is there an easy way to run the second wire from the sender out to my gauge?

Thanks

David
Mike Bellis
Easy way... Run the wire up over the targa bar into the engine bay.

Best way... Follow the original harness to the engine bay.

Hacker way... Drill a hole in the firewall, install grommet, run wire to engine.
VaccaRabite
Harpo -
That sender lights up the idiot light at ~9psi. The stock idiot light sender light up the light at ~3psi. At hot idle, your oil light may be on, giving you a false positive (and also maybe a heart attack when you pull up to a stoplight).

The better way, IMO, is to use a single pole sender for the pressure gauge, and put a stock idiot sender where you have the mechanical pressure gauge.

Also, don't be surprised when you peg that pressure gauge at cold start. My car was making 70+ at cold start using 20w50 Brad Penn in the summer, and would peg my 80PSI gauge in the winter.

Zach
Cap'n Krusty
Better install a good ground wire on that sender, and secure it to the fan shroud so it won't short out the power wire to the coil. Oh, and be prepared for that SS braided Teflon hose to leak. Been there, seen that.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.